Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax 645 - is it broken?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Pentax 645 - is it broken? Reply with quote

The 645 arrived today. I've put in batteries and loaded a film (it looks right to me), the LCD window is showing M1000 and frame 0. I can change ISO levels etc. I don't have the lens adapter yet, but the manual seems to say that the body should fire without a lens, yet when I press the button nothing happens. Oh, yeah, I don't see anything light up in the viewfinder, either.

Do I need to get a lens on it before it will work, is there something wrong with it, or have I missed some shutter button lock or something? Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks body not recognize film well, film is must have , but lens not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The film is definitely loaded properly, it winds on to the empty reel and the black surface is showing, rather than the side with numbers on. I did notice a little bit of verdigris on one of the battery contacts - I wonder if that has something to do with it.

It's not the film count window where I can see a 0, it's the ISO adjustment window, the film count window is blank - dead circuit maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have manual ? If not download it I saw in manual similar things. I hope just some miss understanding as new owner ,not dead electronics.

Read line by line I had also misunderstanding one times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have a moment of anxiety with this cam - after loading it just sits there, till I remember (and gather the courage) to push the shutter button for it to advance to 1. But yours doesn't seem to get even there... ouch. Clean the contacts is a good place to start...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The on/off button doesn't seem to make any difference to it - the little numbers just display regardless of which position the switch is in. Also, there is no information visible in the viewfinder.

It's not looking good, is it?

I've tried to take the handle off to see if plugging and unplugging it helps, but it won't budge at all (I've found the manual and I am pressing the unscrewed button and trying to pull down and out). I suppose the contacts are in the handle?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information in viewfinder turnable by Led button on top. If still dark need to press exposure button gently to turn on. Righ after you did put film into camera press hard exposure button and camera will finish loading by built-in motor. After loading frame counter show 1 and mode shows AF instead of M1000. This is right behavior of a healthy camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not healthy, Attila. It is in the mail on the way back to the vendor who has promised to refund everything except the return postage.

So now I have a broken P6, a pile of P6 lenses and a P6 to Pentax adapter ring on its way from Grizzlybear but no Pentax to fit it to.

Thank goodness for the Nettar 645 Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
It's not healthy, Attila. It is in the mail on the way back to the vendor who has promised to refund everything except the return postage.

So now I have a broken P6, a pile of P6 lenses and a P6 to Pentax adapter ring on its way from Grizzlybear but no Pentax to fit it to.

Thank goodness for the Nettar 645 Smile

Damn it! I hope you can get soon a good working P645 .. Yeah, folder has less trouble source than any other type of camera.