Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Gold 200 Yashica minister D 1997
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Kodak Gold 200 Yashica minister D 1997 Reply with quote

Thought I would show you NZ's Huka Falls,North Island above Lake Taupo.

going up to the falls in a 1908 flat bottomed boat called the MV Waireka a lot of spray when you got there so I did not take any more closer than these from the boat.And yes you went closer into the white water.Awesome!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greenery is so detailed and lush - here in winter land especially much appreciated. The Yashicas sure have excellent lenses.

Thanks for the posting - I really can't get over the detail in the trees

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australia is the land of the browns and yellows ,NZ has so many shades of green.The Minister D has the 1.2:8 4.5cm lens, it is a nice camera bar the yellow viewfinder which is hard to focus.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
The Minister D has the 1.2:8 4.5cm lens, it is a nice camera bar the yellow viewfinder which is hard to focus.

..and get horizons straight?.....................Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result from a lovely camera!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I'd love to visit NZ someday.

When I first looked at #2, I thought for a second it was upside down. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind words,I thought about the horizon then realized I was standing in a boat in white water ....can you get a straight horizon in that situation Laughing
@Cooltouch
If you can.... go it is such a beautiful place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Thanks for your kind words,I thought about the horizon then realized I was standing in a boat in white water ....can you get a straight horizon in that situation Laughing
@Cooltouch
If you can.... go it is such a beautiful place.

Mo-FO I can't keep it even with tripod Embarassed so never mind ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks Attila.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*****can you get a straight horizon in that situation****

Well I'm always having problems with leaning buildings and crooked horizons and I'm the sort of person that would notice a picture in a room hanging tilted.........so I use a program like Photoshop to adjust things.

Your shot needed about 4 degrees CCW to get the horizon better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't think to much about fixing things like that,I post them as they are.Is it silly to like to present them here just the way they are on the photo paper or is it ok to adjust certain things for better viewing on a computer screen? I appreciate the feedback as it is opening my eyes to a lot of little things.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful landscapes you got down there. I'm always amazed by the power of Mother Nature.
Quote:
usually don't think to much about fixing things like that,I post them as they are.Is it silly to like to present them here just the way they are on the photo paper or is it ok to adjust certain things for better viewing on a computer screen?
I'm a bit old school and have to say that I rather prefer trying to get things right straight out of the camera, but nonetheless is good to know as a last resort there is digital PP. I certainly do not think it is unethical to alter in any way a photograph, the final result is, after all, always a matter of interpretation. How to achieve this is up to us to choose, there is no right or wrong method, just a method which lead to the result we're after.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Marty
That is my goal to get it right from the camera. Smile I so want to capture these amazing landscapes,wildlife,people...etc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mofo,

I bid on this camera on more than one occasion on ebay, I always failed to win... Confused

I do own the Yashica Lynx 5000E 1C and Yashica GX and find them to be nice cameras and fun to walk around with.

Thanks for posting the samples.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a nice camera....I don't see to many and when I do the price they have on them is a bit overboard. Rolling Eyes You should post some examples from each of yours Very Happy
I have a minister 3 sitting in the cupboard as it's broken only bought it for $5
I was thinking of collecting the set of the minister series Rolling Eyes instead the Ricohs have my full attention at the moment:D