Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wise men from the East?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Wise men from the East? Reply with quote

Here ya go, this is the nearest I get to a Christmas image. From the Pentacon Six with the Flektogon 50/4 in poor light. I pretty much got the effect I wanted with this one but I really am finding it hard to make B&W work for me the way it used to long ago.

(For some reason it looks darker here than in PS ... oh, well)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&W is a bit tricky at times. I think these look ok, but maybe a fraction dark if you want to be fussy.

Good catch nonetheless. The movement in the camel's head makes it very real.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with "dot gain" or summat - I really don't understand it.

I snapped it really fast because the woman was just coming into the fram e on the left and I didn't want her obscured. I've seen bedouin camps in Jordan like this, but it is a rarity in the Gulf. When they rode the camels in the parade a few days later one local paper described them as "members of the Heritage Police", so I guess the blokes are cops. The woman was either a ministry official or a reporter - I'm not sure which.