Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

big Xmas day picture walk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: big Xmas day picture walk Reply with quote

Xmas day and myself and the good lady had all our family commitments out of the way so we decided it would be a good idea to go on a rather long walk taking pictures arount the city and a recent business development area being our docklands, a soul less kind of place. The lens used by me for the day was a recent buy from Edumad being a Series 1 Vivitar 28-90mm f2.8 on my K20D Pentax. The good lady was using her K7, a present from me she got a bit early with an AF lens so I won't post her pics here.
The big excitement of the day was some silly buggers who should have been off the roads, no injuries just nasty vehicle repair bills. Before I'd taken this picture I'd managed to waste the contents of a dry chemical extinguisher trying to put out the fire. Thankfully the fire brigade were close by.

Evidently this is the oldest surviving Australian built yatch.

This boat was onced used for freighting coal, an old steel hulled cargo boat.

Some pretty ugly statues at the Docklands preceinct, an area they are trying to make a bit like that place in Hollywood where they have celebrity names in the footpath.

This is the remains of an observation wheel that the designers didn't get right and have had to scrap most of it.

This is probably on more of a scale of what there design skills were capable of.

And if you like Chinese food

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right about the statues,nice photo journey, these are quite fun to look at (not the crash).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those statues weren't living ones? if not, they sure are amazingly lifelike representations of people dressed up as statues Laughing Laughing

I especially love that #2 with the sailboat, the prow reads to me like a fine old brass lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the contrast between the old yacht and the modern buildings in the background.