Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica R5 - value ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Leica R5 - value ? Reply with quote

Ive bought af Summicron lens with a camera, and i dont use film so i want to sell the camera, but i dont know how much it is worth.

I tried to look at ebay but there were only buy-it-now prices, and varied much in price so it didnt help me much.

Im hoping you guys/girls can help me out.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpful if you pointed out what Summicron lens you have. Serial also helps, many versions exist and some lens versions are more wanted than others. R5 serial also helps, you can censor the last 3 digits of both if you want to.

Needless to say, without seeing photos and/or receiving information about the condition of the equipment I don't think you'll get an accurate estimate of what they're worth.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small hint:

evilbay gives you in the extended search function the ability to search for offers they did end.

There you can find offers, for that the bidding has ended. So you can compair the condition of your R5 with others.

In good condition with new light seal the R5 can bring you about 150 Euro in your pocket...
sometimes 200 Euro, if this is in excellent condition with new light seals.. and good batteries and all functions are perfect.

You have to check and compair the whole automatic modes, light meter and the light seals.

Compare the exposure meter results with your DSLR in Spot-integral mode and make sure, that everything works fine..

Check also if the cam belongs to a special Edition.. that could give you extra money.. Very Happy

For a normal R5 IMHO this is a fair price.

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your help.

im only selling the camera, not the lens. The camera is in good working order (seller demonstrated for me), no serious schratches or anything that would make it cosmetically less appealing. Battery and such are working fine.

It does have some tape around the "puller", i dont know the name of it, but its the thing you rotate back when you want to take a picture. Other then that its in 9/10 condition.

So i would assume that from what you have written a price of 100 euro is fair? Im not looking for the highest price, just a fair price and perhaps a little below that, just to sell it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did PM you... !!