Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica BC1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Praktica BC1 Reply with quote

Hello I've just bought this amazing camera, do have somebody any expirience? It will be better if you tell me about using lenses (I own 135 prakticar, 50 and 28mm) Thanks a lot for responding Smile (If its something bad sorry my EN is not wonderfull Smile)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a BCA and a BC1
BC1 has a probleme of shutter, sometimes it doesn't work

It seems it is a common probleme on Prakticas, you should test it a lot before using the camera

I think i will buy a Adaptall adapter for B-mount or/and a M42 adapter

50 and 135mm are good lenses
I also have the 70 200 prakticar but it is too dark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

http://forum.mflenses.com/tribute-to-my-praktica-bca-t4877.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: ss Reply with quote

damn good lenses Smile. the darkness can by fixed by +-EV ring Smile and the shutter is ok, i tried it manytimes Smile du you have any photos from it? i saw some on the net but it wasnt very large...Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at my threat about it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

thanks seems like a good thing Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Nice avatar ! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praktica BC-1 is the most versatile one among PRAKTICA PB cameras,
almost same as the first Praktica B200 but newer.

The most of Prakticas have electrical problems due to "aging",
mechanically no so bad relatively speaking. Take care of it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

thanks for avatar i've been lookin for it some time Smile

bc1 is newer b200 Smile, I'll see what problems has it, but I've never read something about it would has problems...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

this one is mine Smile.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1787/obraz002ei.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had two BC1s - the first which I bought new in early 1986 was the same as the one in your pic and the second from 1988 or thereabouts had a plastic film rewind crank and a few other little detail changes with regard to the exposure compensation.

As for problems, my first body was fine up until I got the motor wind for it whereupon the shutter jammed and would no longer fire.

The only problems that I've had with the second body (I didn't use the motorwind on it...) were that the plastic film rewind crank broke off (I replaced it with the metal one off the body with the jammed shutter) and the painted on exposure compensation scale wore off.

Other than the above, this second body served me well right up until 2006 when I retired it and although I don't use it now, it does still work as it should.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

the winder is not good enough, i dont think its good idea Smile im thinking how to make my own battery pack for bc1 these days Smile, its not impossible, i have some ideas Smile and my camera is from series '81-'84 Smile

did somebody it? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used the motorwind again after my first BC-1 jammed on me.

The BC-1 uses one PX28 6v battery which is still available in either alkaline or silver oxide versions or you can use 4 x LR44 if that is what you are referring to by "battery pack".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy Lithium one too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i,

Certainly the B-series can take silver, alkaline and lithium batteries, and the former two are indeed four 1.5V button cells stacked in a common casing, the casing itself is actually slightly longer than the combined height making the use of four separate cells not able to reach the terminals unless using some sort of a spacer.

These are two pages on rebuilding such batteries:

http://www.geocities.jp/pxm0/pentax_es.htm

http://www.geocities.jp/pxm0/4lr44.htm

In fact I had done something similar, prising open batteries at the seams and then replace the cells inside. Some brands work better than the others, the best for rebuilding is Duracell.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

i know it 4 1,5V btrs, but in our country is easier to buy 1,5 than 6V (this one size) Smile. you can buy this kind of btrs only in shop with photo accesories Smile and especialy in our city we have only 2. and its easier recharge it than 6V Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why built a battery pack for BC1 if you do not use the winder ?
the battery for exposure and shutter last for years without problem

When i used my BCA i just replaced it once in 10 years !

I also use a winder, if you do not shoot as a paparrazzi it is really pleasant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

it depends on type of battery...and on the other side...why not Wink.