Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bokeh Monsters: Meyer Gorlitz vs Steinheil Munchen Quinar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Bokeh Monsters: Meyer Gorlitz vs Steinheil Munchen Quinar Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I'm fortunate enough to have both the Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 135mm F/2.8 (15 blade panda version in M42), aka "Bokeh Monster", and the lesser known Steinheil Munchen Quinar 135mm F/2.8 VL (silver Exakta mount version), which happens to have quite a rep for its bokeh as well. Thought I'll do some comparison between the two lenses and share the results. But pleeeease, they're rather quick and dirty tests since I was just initially surprised how well the Quinar performed that I had to have it head to head with the Orestor.... not terribly scientific...

Can someone help me out with uploading pics? Embarassed They're rather large from a 1Ds2 and I would rather keep them as big as possible so others can zoom in and check. Do I post them in the Oversized forum and link them here? Or...?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you have to use Oversized gallery.

But I am curious:
In your signature I see two kind of camera bodies, digital and film. The third mentioned digital, is that really a digital one or may I hope she is analog somehow?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Minolfan! I'll try the Oversized gallery sometime tonight...

...as for your second question, I was thinking the first category is my miscellaneous bodies section... completely analog I assure you... but I guess pics of the wife can be digital? Cool

Minolfan wrote:

But I am curious:
In your signature I see two kind of camera bodies, digital and film. The third mentioned digital, is that really a digital one or may I hope she is analog somehow?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse digital pictures very are welcome in the "Manual focus lenses" or one of the Galleries ! It is not necessary to put them in the section for camera pictures (Equipment gallery).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:

But I am curious:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy