Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Who would like to get the Canon 7 + Canon 50mm f/0.95?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Who would like to get the Canon 7 + Canon 50mm f/0.95? Reply with quote

One local shop is selling this amazing set. I don't know the price yet but I'm sure I can't afford it.

The set looks great and work 100%. I already talked with the shop owner but he didn't get me the final price for it...

I saw some price on bay and only the lens could reach more than 1200€...

I'd love to use this on one Leica M8 or M9 for example... Very Happy

(this one is not converted to M mount)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used one of these back in the 1970s - huge and very impressive lens but even at the time you could get better quality with an f1.4 or f1.5 lens and push-processing B&W film. However, today's fashions are rather different and the lens now finds uses that the designer(s) probably never imagined. The Canon 7 is a very nice camera, even by today's standards it's a good rangefinder design - assuming it's in good order.

Prices have skyrocketed in recent times. Hard to believe there was a time when dealers in secondhand cameras would offer maybe £50-60 as a trade-in and almost give a sigh of relief if the customer turned down the offer ... about the same time that we were saying "Ah, sorry, don't really want to buy another Leica M3 with a 50mm Elmar, I've already got three I can't sell." Things have indeed changed.

I too would like to try the lens again, this time on my M8 - digital cameras and image processing software seem to handle extreme lenses better than film. Somehow, though, I doubt that I'll get the chance Sad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends from the scanner used ....
if a drum scanner is used then the slide/negative film it's still valid !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could afford it I'd use with film. Just because I can't afford any M8 or M9 or even the Epson Rd-1.

I think this lens can create magic pictures for sure. It is not easy to use I know but afeter we know it better we can get all that "dream look".

I which I could buy it. As I can't I'd like to help someone who wants it.
It is in Lisbon and I take do what is needed to get it to the buyer.

I can receive the payment, do the deal and ship the package. I already did some deals here and you know guys, I'm a trustable guy.

Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen many pictures taken with the lens? open to 0.95 there is lots of distortion so if it's image quality you are desiring, it might be best to choose something else however if you are collecting . .that's a different story.

Cheers

Jules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is one for 1000e
http://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/84727270.htm?ca=12_s

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw some pictures from in on M bodies. It is far away to be the "perfect lens" but it is a "dream" lens for sure. I don't want to know about being super sharp or 100% no CA, etc... It has that magic and we could use it in the perfect moment.

Some samples here: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62992

Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related link - This one's trapped under a smashed filter!

http://shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Canon-Model--Camera-w50mm-Lens-5616696.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one's maybe more of a "nightmare" than a dream Very Happy

Has your local dealer fixed a price? Just curious, that's all.

A more practical lens is Canon's 50mm f1.2 - certainly a lot smaller and practically speaking not much slower. Never used one, but I did have a 50mm Canon f1.4 rf lens that was very, very good indeed. Not much differerent to a Leitz 50 Summilux ("2nd version") and much, much cheaper. I foolishly parted with it, one of my many photographic regrets.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He talked with my about 1200€ lens and body.

It looks really good and works 100%.

I won't buy it because Distagon T* 35/1.4 and Makro-Planar T* 100/2.8 are comming...

If not I would go for it hehe.