Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old filter Agfa pre-WW2.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Old filter Agfa pre-WW2. Reply with quote

Hello:

Inside the box of the camera Rodenstock 9X 12 cm I found this filter Agfa, adaptable to diverse diameters.

Bests Regards: David.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a brilliant idea, and a brilliant photo. The box is in great condition too. Just lovely. Have you put this to use yet?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of these twist spring holders as well, from several brands, in different sizes and from the thirties to sixties going by the package designs. Must have been a common configuration for series and gel filter holders in Germany at the time.

Probably Omag were the maker behind them all - I own two in Omag boxes, but haven't ever seen one by any of the other filter factories (like Cenei, B+W or Heliopan), while there are plenty by camera and reseller brands.

Sevo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello:

This filter adapts itself without problems to many lenses as the Industar 50mm-f:3,5. I am going to take photos with my Pentax k 200 D in B-W with lenses to which there adapts the filter Agfa and they show the results.

In another face of the box there is stamps of customs that they date the import to Spain (Europe) between 1931 and 1936.

Greetings: David.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it fit on the lens?I could guess but would like to know how Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
How does it fit on the lens?I could guess but would like to know how Smile

You either twist the filter against the holding spring or (on the pictured one) slide the tab on the holding spring by 45° degrees to open the spring so that it can slide over the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.