Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

voigtlander color skoparex 28/2.8 vs zeiss distagon T 28/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: voigtlander color skoparex 28/2.8 vs zeiss distagon T 28/2.8 Reply with quote

this is probably a proverbial stupid question, but are these lenses comparable IQ-wise in any way, or is the distagon just way ahead?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Till I know, the distagon 2,8/28 for SRL not made to rollei/voigtlander cams, like the skoparex in AR - mamiya - version.

The distagon C/Y has newer MC. And better IQ and QC. It's a zeiss lens vs. mamiya ones. Two very good, but it seems that Zeiss win.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your thoughts. i understand that w proper adapter, skoparex can be used on 5d and cost is about $100usd; distagon over $300usd. do you think the IQ differences on 5d would argue for the extra cost of the distagon?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thanks for your thoughts. i understand that w proper adapter, skoparex can be used on 5d and cost is about $100usd; distagon over $300usd. do you think the IQ differences on 5d would argue for the extra cost of the distagon?

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Rolleiflex_SL35_lenses

I have the Color-Skoparex 2.8/28mm AR ... I don't like it... in general I don't like wide-angle lenses.... I think that the distagon is better....
I can enjoy only 35mm lenses ....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m, thanks for the link. do you not like it because it is 28mm or because of the IQ? i myself like WA and am interested in your thoughts on the IQ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I got the idea from somewhere on this forum that the Skoparex 28mm f/2.8 would be pretty much the same lens as the Distagon equivalent, but apparently it's not, then?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
m, thanks for the link. do you not like it because it is 28mm or because of the IQ? i myself like WA and am interested in your thoughts on the IQ...

IQ ... but I could love the distagon 2.8/28mm because is another thing...
i think that color-skoparex has more distortion .... less micro-contrast ... less sharpness than distagon....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well arku, i think rino was saying that the AR version, which is the one i am thinking about, is made by mamiya, but i think the other addition is a zeiss lens, though not sure if its a distagon...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
well arku, i think rino was saying that the AR version, which is the one i am thinking about, is made by mamiya, but i think the other addition is a zeiss lens, though not sure if its a distagon...

wide-angle lenses marked rolleinar -> mamiya
wide-angle lenses marked color-skoparex ar -> mamiya
25/2.8 Distagon = Color-Skoparex
35/2.8 Distagon = Color-Skoparex

these 2 are zeiss...
These lenses can also be encountered wearing the Voigtländer name and called the Color-Skoparex.
the AR does not appear !

http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Rollei_QBM_Schneider_dt.html#Rolleinar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so:
a Color-Skoparex 25/2.8 is a zeiss design... (Without AR)
a Color-Skoparex 35/2.8 is a zeiss design... (Without AR)
a zeiss in all effects !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what's the point ?

rbelyell is asking about the 2,8/28.

I don't understand clearly.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
But what's the point ?

Rino.

the color-skoparex AR it is not a zeiss!
there is nothing to understand !
it is very simple !
i saw infact that the color-ultron 2.8/28mm AR has less contrast/micro-contrast/sharpness than distagon 2.8/28mm !!!!!
if you want to obtain pictures like these: http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_distagon28.html ,
with the color-skoparex 2.8/28mm you will put money into wc !
it is a good/decent wide-angle but distagon lives on another planet !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metallaro1980 wrote:
estudleon wrote:
But what's the point ?

Rino.

the color-skoparex AR it is not a zeiss!
there is nothing to understand !
it is very simple !.....

Oh, are you sure? Excuse my ignorance

I think it better and yes, perhaps I read it in another post.

Thanks. Rino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you to everyone who responded, and merry christmas and happy new year to all!
tony