Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More ice
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: More ice Reply with quote

Another Tamron 90SP shot of ice on spider's web - f5.6, Pentax K10D, jpeg, in-camera sharpening set to +2.

I think it's amazing how the spider web can support so much weight of ice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, unique, and plain amazing - the things a photograph of this sort ought to convey. And yeah, that's some strong spider web.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It surely was cool when I took the picture! But seriously, I like the way winter makes us think about the kind of images we want to captire - how we so readily exchange our liking for beautifully coloured flowers and insects for the monochromes of mist and ice, for example. I must try to capture the blue-tits and the wood-pecker feeding off our peanut dispenser on a grey morning - that would add colour to the grayness, I think. Sort of "best of both worlds".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really, really good capture!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A jewel !

It makes me think about old Egyptian necklace.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a brief burst of cold, frost and ice. That is a superb "take"

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments - and, yes, it is a bit like an old Egyptian necklace! I hope their's lasted longer than this one though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Thanks for the kind comments - and, yes, it is a bit like an old Egyptian necklace! I hope their's lasted longer than this one though.

Laughing