Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning Out! Jupiter, Zuiko, Rollei Planar, Pentacon, MX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Cleaning Out! Jupiter, Zuiko, Rollei Planar, Pentacon, MX Reply with quote

Hi everyone! It saddens me to see these go, but I did a couple of big impulse purchases (damn Bing cashback!) so what needs to be done needs to be done. I have for sale the following:

[SOLD] Olympus Auto Zuiko-T 85mm f2: $300 OBO

Optics, absolutely fantastic 9/10
Mechanics, flawless, smooth focus, clickety aperture ring, snappy aperture blades, with just a hint (a streak) of oil, which does not impact open/close 9/10
Cosmetics, some wear on aperture ring, but overall good.

Comes with original front & rear caps plus genuine Olympus/Zuiko metal hood designed for the 85/2.

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - zuiko85/2

[SOLD] Jupiter-9 85mm f2: $95

Optics, fantastic, 8.5/10, with some dust specks inside
Mechanics, 7/10, smooth focus ring, but aperture preset aperture ring doesn't click (the ballbearing seem to have come loose). The aperture ring itself opens/closes smoothly, and aperture blades are super oily, just like these Russian lenses are supposed to be Smile
Cosmetics, great 8/10, with some wear on the body.

Comes with 3rd party front & rear caps.

M42 mount

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - J-9

[SOLD!] Penatcon 135mm f2.8: $85 OBO

The true bokeh monster with 19 aperture blades, with built-in hood, full metal construction, not the wimpy plasticky 6 bladed MC version Wink

Optics, fantastic 9/10, some dust specks
Mechanics, great 9/10, smooth focus & aperture
Cosmetics, 7/10 with some scruff and scratches here & there.

M42 mount

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - Pentacon 135

[SOLD!] Super-Takumar 35mm f3.5: $45

You know what it is, the ultra-sharp 35.

Optics: Great, 8.5/10, some dust specks
Mechanics: smooooth as butter Takumar focus, aperture clicking and snappy, A/M switch working fine
Cosmetics: Good 8/10, just very minor scruffs

M42 mount

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - Takumar35/3.5

Pentax MX: $25

Has 2 big problems, one, self timer is loose and not working, and two, it's got the infamous sticky mirror. Mirror would stick once every few dozen shots, requiring you to take the lens off and manually flip the mirror back down to continue use.

Besides that, shutter is firing great at all speeds (and accurate as far as I can tell), and light meter is working and accurate enough to expose a roll of reversal film (Provia 100f) without problems. Light seal & mirror shock foam could use a refresh.

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - MX

Konoishiroku Konica I: $125

Has the desirable Hexanon 50mm f2.8 lens.

Optics: great, 9/10, no major scratches, fungus, haze, etc.
Mechanics: shutter firing great at all speeds, wind/rewind sans problem, and aperture opening and closing fine BUT, there is one blade that looks misaligned (see pic). As far as I can tell, it's not hindering the blades to open and close to the right sizes, but you may want somebody to take a look at it.
Cosmetics: 8/10, great for a 60 year old camera! Very Happy

comes with original leather case in pretty good condition.

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - Konica

Pentax Spotmatic: $25

The original spotty, working great. Shutter good, light meter good (ran several rolls of color film, all coming out great). Just one problem, the pentaprism housing is ever so slightly shifted to the right, creating a step about 0.5mm in width just above the light meter switch. This makes turning on the light meter switch a bit of a hassle, as you need to help it up. See pic.

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - Spotmatic

Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing Teleconverter (PK mount): $70 OBO

I looked for a good copy of this for a looooooong time, only to end up finally getting it and not putting it to good use. Really should go to somebody that can utilize it.

Optics: great, 8/10, some dust specks but no major scratches, fungus, etc.
Mechanics: smooooth 9/10
Cosmetic: take a look, 9/10

comes with 3rd party front/rear caps.

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - vivitar2x

[SOLD!] Olympus Macro focusing rails: $50 OBO

For ye Zuiko fans. Not much to say. Great rail in great shape. Just not being put to use. Working smooth.

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - Macro rail

Rollei HFT Planar 50mm f1.8 (QBM/Canon EF): $80

Awesome awesome lens, basically the same lens as the Voigtländer Color-Ultron 50mm f1.8 (they even look identical), sharp wide open and beautiful bokeh, and great color rendition. Unlike the Color-Ultron, the rear element doesn't interfere with the 5Ds mirror (that's why I got it, even though I have the Color-Ultron).

Optics: fabulous 9/10, no major scratches, fungus, haze, etc., just usual dust specks inside.
Mechanics: great 8/10, smooth focus, aperture ring, snappy oilless blades
Cosmetics: great, 8/10, with very minor scruffs.

Comes with QBM->EF adapter and 3rd party front and rear (EF) caps. One problem with the el-cheapo QBM adapter is that the flap that's supposed to hold the aperture pin down doesn't do a good job so sometimes, the blades will only stop down to around f5.6-f8 or so. Probably can fix by adjusting the flap, or better yet, just get a better adapter Very Happy

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - Rollei Planar...

[SOLD!!] Nikon Nikkor-S.C Auto 50mm f1.4: $10

It's an as-is status.

Optics: 5/10, many scratches on front and rear
Mechanics: 7/10, very light (i.e., loose feeling) focus ring, endemic of old Nikkors. Aperture ring/blades are great, however.
Cosmetics: 3/10, I've seen few that look worse than this POS Very Happy

With all that said, it does take great shots. Really a testament to how bad a shape a lens can be in without it impacting the image at all.

Picasa Web Albums - Toy Cameras - Nikkor50/1.4

As usual, you pay shipping, I pay Paypal, but you pay cross-boarder fee (3.9%) if you are outside of US.

I'll keep these up here (and my other favorite forum, Pentaxforums) for a couple days before the rest go up on auction sites.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by rawhead on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Olympus Macro focusing rails: $50 OBO Reply with quote

Hi

Is it possible to make it $50 including shipping to Singapore ?

- Krisgage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus Macro focusing rails: $50 OBO Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:
Hi

- Krisgage

I'm not sure which lens you're referring to? Shipping to Singapore for any lens will be around $30. Paypal cross border fee is 3.9% of the total. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love that Nikon Very Happy I could use it on my battered 10D Cool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus Macro focusing rails: $50 OBO Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Krisgage wrote:
Hi

- Krisgage

I'm not sure which lens you're referring to? Shipping to Singapore for any lens will be around $30. Paypal cross border fee is 3.9% of the total. Thanks!

Must be my sleepy eyes, I click on the wrong button.

I mean for Olympus Macro focusing rails: $50 OBO.

Would you mind trade my Minolta 58mm f/1.4 for your J-9 ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no one else is interested, I would be for the Pentacon 135mm f 2.8.

I send you a PM.

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus Macro focusing rails: $50 OBO Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:
rawhead wrote:
Krisgage wrote:
Hi

- Krisgage

Hello,

J-9 is sale pending, and frankly, I need the money now, not other lensses Smile

regarding the focusing rails, considering that shipping will cost $30 of those $50, no, that is not an offer I can accept. Thanks for the offer!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to whoever bought the battered 50mm Nikkor. It's surely one of (if not) the best lenses I've ever used.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor 50/1.4 is gone, J-9 is sale pending. All other offers will go out in the order of commitment, not in the order that I receive feeler messages. Thanks! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus Macro focusing rails: $50 OBO Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Krisgage wrote:
rawhead wrote:
Krisgage wrote:
Hi

- Krisgage

Hello,

J-9 is sale pending, and frankly, I need the money now, not other lensses Smile

regarding the focusing rails, considering that shipping will cost $30 of those $50, no, that is not an offer I can accept. Thanks for the offer!

Thank you ! Congrats to your sale ! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of stuff gone, still a few gems. I'm kind of surprised by the lack of interest on the Zuiko. It's a damn fine piece of glass Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: lack of interest in the zuiko... Reply with quote

... could be that we all know you stole it for $60 ? Wink

Surprised too, as I sold 2 of these just recently for $300 and $350.

-Ed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: lack of interest in the zuiko... Reply with quote

EdSawyer wrote:
... could be that we all know you stole it for $60 ? Wink

Surprised too, as I sold 2 of these just recently for $300 and $350.

-Ed

Haha, mayhaps so. Of course, nobody can calculate the amount of time & effort I put into finding such a deal. Well, except for me, and I know for a fact that someone who gets paid $35/hour to do language consulting work, I'd be much better off if I bought everything from Stil22 (but not Arsenal Laughing) and put the time I spend on Craig's List and Ebay working.

Of course, how fun would that be?

Anyhoo, the Zuiko's gone. Took a day and half to see it go on the 'Bay. Other stuff still lingering.