Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Latest attempts....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Latest attempts.... Reply with quote

This is a bit hard as I washed my little book with what lens I used for these...I am guessing that they would either be from the Fujinon 1.8/55
or the Auto Rikenon 1.4/55.I hope they are improving...I tried using the technique taught in another post of getting the meter reading from the brightest part of the frame which I took from the white roses.Still taken with the kodak gold 400 I have some 200 but will wait till I am confident in using it...I also have some B&W 400.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Latest attempts.... Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
This is a bit hard as I washed my little book with what lens I used for these...

Smile

The exposure looks spot on for me, very nice! Like Attila said, you have to try slide film, skip the 200.
So many beautiful flowers, I'm looking foreward! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live next to the community garden complete with sweet smelling roses....a rose without it's perfume is not a rose Smile I must find some slide film can you give me a brand name to look for ?? I must see if my local chemist develops slides.
Thanks for the comment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lucky! I could shoot tons of film on roses Smile

No need for a fancy film, try Fuji Provia, Kodak Ektachrome 100, or even the much cheaper AGFA CT Precisa 100. You will love it, I promise! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The roses are one reason I am trying to learn more in Photography...point and shoots can only do so much.when I see what is possible I just stand in awe...and want to do the same!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a beautiful garden! My fav is #1.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***I tried using the technique taught in another post of getting the meter reading from the brightest part of the frame which I took from the white roses***

Oh well..I would have chosen the meter reading of the grass (which is near Kodak grey) and used that to set the aperture of the lens.....used to use the back of my sun tanned hand for an exposure reading that was roughly Kodak grey.
The sunny 16 rule is quite good as well if stuck.

Very colourful shots, that IMO might need the saturation/vibrance reduce a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fave is #1, too, nice work, Mo-Fo!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job.
Mo-Fo wrote:
I must see if my local chemist develops slides.
If not maybe it's time to start playing with chemistry Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the encouragement... Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the 2nd one as the colour seems richer. The others don't seem to have that as much.

I'm one of the few that likes Kodak Gold. I prefer it to Portra. I have one roll of 200iso Gold left that will see some use when winter finally ends.