Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elmarit-R on Nikon D40
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Elmarit-R on Nikon D40 Reply with quote

Hello from germany,

I'm new to this forum and its really great. Lots of information....

I just got two Elmarit-R lenses from my father-in-law on a loan basis:
- Elmarit-R 180/2.8
- Elmarit 60/2.8 Makro
for testing on my D40 DSLR.

I got a lot of information about converting the lenses with the Leitax adaptor but as I have to return the lenses to my f-i-l, this is a no-go.
Is there any chance to mount these lenses? Which is the right adaptor?

Thanks and regards
Juergen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, in two languages..

Hallo Jürgen,
so weit ich weiß gibt es allein wegen des Auflagemaßes keine Chance mit einem direkten Adapter wie bei den Canon Kameras..

Nikon 46,5mm vom Bajonett aus..
Leica hat zwar 47mm Auflagemaß aber die verbleibenden 0,5mm reichen nicht zur Herstellung eines Adapters.

Deshalb der Leitax Adapter.. das erfordert zwar einen Bajonett-Umbau, ist aber reversible dadurch, das Du einfach das alte wieder ranschraubst.

In english..

as far as i know, there is no chance to use an Adaptor in terms of different
register distance..

Nikon has got 46,5mm and Leica 47mm.. so the only possibility is to convert the mount with the Leitax solution. The difference in register distance is to small to build an adapter.

But using the Leitax Solution is reversible.. you can bring the lens after remounting the original parts in the old status.

Cheers
Henry

Sorry for the bad english