Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nice Srenar lenses and finder....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Nice Srenar lenses and finder.... Reply with quote

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Vintage-40s-CANON-SERENAR---2-Lenses--Access-5533052.html

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah -- a 35 and an 85. I've used the 35 before, years ago, and as I recall it was a decent lens. Never used the 85 before. I had a Leitz 90mm f/4 Elmar for a while, which was actually a nice optic, but two stops slower than that Serenar.

I'll bet the price gets bid up pretty high. Seldom are there good deals to be found at Goodwill anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an Oly E-1 with 14-54mm and battery grip for $175... does that count?

Doug

cooltouch wrote:
Yeah -- a 35 and an 85. I've used the 35 before, years ago, and as I recall it was a decent lens. Never used the 85 before. I had a Leitz 90mm f/4 Elmar for a while, which was actually a nice optic, but two stops slower than that Serenar.

I'll bet the price gets bid up pretty high. Seldom are there good deals to be found at Goodwill anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you've been luckier than I have. My experience has been that folks get so excited over a nice piece of gear there that they bid it up to almost crazy amounts. One thing I will say about Goodwill's auctions -- it seems that more interesting outfits appear there. I suspect that's simply because the outfits are donated and the employees don't want to mess with separating all the stuff. On eBay anymore most sellers piece everything out, it seems.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true..

I got a Planar 50mm AE for 3 dollars as it was on a rather pedestrian Yashica, and was listed as Yshica with 50mm lens..

Other finds have been 'hidden' items like this. though Goodwill does tax one's patience with all their 49mm and 55mm Hoya / Bowyer lenses because they don't understand about filters... lol

Doug.

cooltouch wrote:
Well, you've been luckier than I have. My experience has been that folks get so excited over a nice piece of gear there that they bid it up to almost crazy amounts. One thing I will say about Goodwill's auctions -- it seems that more interesting outfits appear there. I suspect that's simply because the outfits are donated and the employees don't want to mess with separating all the stuff. On eBay anymore most sellers piece everything out, it seems.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Other finds have been 'hidden' items like this. though Goodwill does tax one's patience with all their 49mm and 55mm Hoya / Bowyer lenses because they don't understand about filters... lol

Hooboy, ain't that the truth! After this thread began, I cruised over to Goodwill's auction site, and was amazed at the quantity of Hoya and Kenko and Promaster lenses. Cool