Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Distagon 25/2.8 does Kananaskis
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Distagon 25/2.8 does Kananaskis Reply with quote

Went out this morning for sunrise back to the upper lakes of K-country. Didn't get much of a sunrise. A weird purple tint to everything kinda settled in and then the snow started falling.. Since 8 am this morning we have had 7cm of snow fall Shocked and there is no sign of stopping.. Made the drive back a bit of a chore.

Anyways I was going to post this in the digital gallery except a smaller version really compresses all of the details. All I had around me was the cracking ice of the lake and the howling wind. Very Happy

This is a 2 shot pano at f16.
Please click on the image to get it to show a bit bigger.

**Edit: straightened out the horizon.. oops**

"Frozen Expanse"

Last edited by Duckmancgy on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real painting !
I feel cold when watching it.

Does the horizon need to be tilted a bit, or was it really like this ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Oliver, it was playing tricks on me but yea it needed to be straightened out a bit.

J

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 - really really cold. Recently acquired that lens and it is already one of my favourites

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, incredible clarity!