Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm F2.8-3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm F2.8-3.5 Reply with quote

I've put this on offer for trade but no takers yet...
I have to clean allot (most) of my lenses till I move (dec-jan) so here it is for sale.
This is in very good condition, the glass show minimal dust inside. Some evidence of use, but really little. Back and fronts caps, and for MFlenses user only I'll even through in a soft pouch.
Price is £40 shipped to UK (for elsewhere as me for a quote).

Here are some pics of the lens.

It is capable of great photos once you've properly focused it. The lens does not vary much in size when zoom, which is good because it is hefty already, it feels super solid. It is a push-pull zoom, which is not too much to my liking but I suppose it is quicker after one is trained with it.
Its photos:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a super lens. A few of us here have it.
Really great performer at such a low price.
Good luck with the sale.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's amazingly fast for a 28-90.
Sounds really interesting! If I was shooting with my Ricoh KR10-x more often, this could be the lens for me.
But my budget is used until X-mas. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got it as well...Super lens....I took this test photo with it awhile back for someone who wanted a wide open shot from it...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it also, but in Nikon mount. Owned one in Canon FD yeas ago. I've taken literally thousands of photographs with my S1 28-90s. It is an outstanding lens. Here's a shot using my Nikon F2 with the S1 28-90 in macro mode, Ektar 100 film.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pics guys, I knew this lens had potential greater than what I could show Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, a price dropped to £35 delivered to UK (rest of world, ask).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone better grab it at this price. On German Ebay one seller (known for his ridiculously high prices - no, not Boris) wants 149 Euro for this lense!

Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That someone is probably going to be me.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it was Smile
Sold to xjjohnno.
Thanks for everyone's attention.
Keep an eye on the marketplace, decisions on which 50mm, 135mm and 500mm to keep will follow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats xjjohnno! And the lense is lucky too, as it goes on a very long trip ( unless the seller lives in Australia too).

Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfway around the world it goes...
UK based right now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming via UK post will mean that lens does quite a quick journey.