Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

(sold) Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 micro pre-Ai
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: (sold) Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 micro pre-Ai Reply with quote

This is one of the sharpest lenses Nikon ever made. I think I can say that a Planar 50mm f/1.4 isn't sharper that this! I know, this may sound stupid, but I tested myself on a 5D Mark II and the results came incredible.

It's exactly the same (optically and mechanically) as the Ai version, for a Canon or Olympus user.
In my opinion, it's the best macro you can buy for the money.

I think it's also impossible to find a copy in a better condition than this.
Both original caps are included.

110eur, delivered inside the EU.

Last edited by jimlizard on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a real beauty. I have never seen one in this wonderful state and would buy it at once, if I didn't need AI, and it would be a shame to convert this lense by filing.

Thomas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Thomas! Wink
I agree this is also a wonderful lens for a collector, since we don't find many in this shape.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
Really looks to be in great condition!
(although no picture of the front element :?:)

This is the Nikkor 55/3.5 "K"-version, as indicated by the PK-3 engraving.
If I didn't have two copies of the 55/2.8 AIS lens, I'd be really tempted to buy this one, too, and convert it with a kit :) This version has got a bit shorter focus throw and has less glass inside it than the 55/2.8 AIS, but it doesn't have CRC like the AIS-version. The optical construction between the first F-mount version to the last AI version seems to be the same 5/4, and 6/5 on the AIS.

Not having tested the K-version I cannot say for sure, but I'd wager on the 2.8 and 3.5 being very even if compared. The 55/2.8 is a blinding lens, and I'm sure this one will also provide top-class macro goodness to whoever buys it =)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi larsr,

Thanks, the lens is really beautiful.
About the front element, I didn't shot it because it's very small, but I can guarantee it's perfect, as well as the rest of the lens.

I also have a 24mm f/2.0 which looks at least as good as this one. It is advertised in here.

The information you provided (thanks for that) is in accordance with the one I have.
I already tested a f/2.8 micro and, to my eyes, they perform the same. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now sold. Wink