Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Three chairs in one empty space...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Three chairs in one empty space... Reply with quote

Any comments are welcome...

By riccardox at 2009-11-10

By riccardox at 2009-11-10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Riccardo. Good series, nice tonal rendition. I like best the first one, I think it's more essential goes straight to the target: neglected places, abandon, lack of human presence (and whatever comes along). In the second I like the light peeking in from the window, the way you handled the highlights in the window area is perfect. What I'd have done different is in that I'd have tried not to crop the chairs' legs and backs, which would have meant a shooting point slight behind but this is only my personal thought. Perhaps it was just physically impossible. All in all good job.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marty wrote:
Hi, Riccardo. Good series, nice tonal rendition. I like best the first one, I think it's more essential goes straight to the target: neglected places, abandon, lack of human presence (and whatever comes along). In the second I like the light peeking in from the window, the way you handled the highlights in the window area is perfect. What I'd have done different is in that I'd have tried not to crop the chairs' legs and backs, which would have meant a shooting point slight behind but this is only my personal thought. Perhaps it was just physically impossible. All in all good job.

Cheers, Marty.

I'm glad you understand perfectly the photos... and... yes was physically impossible... the choice was between take a picture or not... and i allways choose the first...
Thankyou Marty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riccardox wrote:
the choice was between take a picture or not... and i allways choose the first...
I totally agree with that. Smile

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like.

Re the compositional issues, what separates duffers like us from world acclaimed photographic stars: they would have gone an re-arranged the chairs to their liking before taking the 'found', 'casually composed', 'document' of the 'moment' Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st pic works better for me.

Nesster > I must admit I do some arranging when I find objects like that. I'm not saying I arrange them correctly though; that's what separates the duffers Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better be a "duffer" whit passion&art... than the "professional star" who have to arrange object...
Thank for comments....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riccardox wrote:
Better be a "duffer" whit passion&art... than the "professional star" who have to arrange object...
Thank for comments....

I agree with you.