Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica 50/1.7 = Carl Zeiss 50/1.7 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Yashica 50/1.7 = Carl Zeiss 50/1.7 ? Reply with quote

Hellow,

I just made my first good deal on eBay in my life (everyone else always gets these superb things for 5 bucks, but I've never succeeded), which was an old Yashica Camera that includes (among other things) also one of those 50/1.7 lenses. I've heard quite a lot of excellent stuff about the CZ 50/1.7 lens, and comparing this one with the CZ one, they look quite similar, and with all that Contax/Yashica connection, I thought it might be the same lens.

Does anyone know if it is? Here's a picture:

Thanks,
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CZ that I know has closest distance of 0.6 meters.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO.

CZ 50/1.7 = 6 group 7 element, MFD = 60 cm
ML 50/1.7 = 5 group 6 element, MFD = 50 cm

optical construction.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned both...the Planar was slightly sharper and cooler in rendering, but not by much. But the ML was actually a more substantial lens as far as construction...it felt better...