Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28mm f/2.0 [SOLD]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28mm f/2.0 [SOLD] Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine bought this lens, expecting it could be converted to a Sony mount. Unfortunately it's not possible so, he was in a hurry to sell it, because he was needing the money to buy other stuff.

I sold my "hollywood" a couple of months ago and, since I miss it and my friend asked me a nice price, I decided to take it. This way I can use it till I find a new home for it. Smile

This is the AE version, in excellent condition. The glass is mint and it only has some very minor signs of use on the body.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
Unfortunately it doesn't come with an original Contax front cap, but one from Hama. Anyway, you can find them cheap on ebay.

I don't need to say much about it, since you all know it's one of the best wide angle lenses ever made.

In some ways, it's better than its newer brother.

A small review:
http://www.pebbleplace.com/Personal/Contax_28mm_F2_Distagon.html

I'm asking 630 EUR (now 590) for it, delivered inside the European Union, using a signed service, with full insurance.
I can ship it worlwide, but I need to check for the difference in price.

Two samples shots, taken with a distagon "Hollywood", mounted on a 5D Mark II. I took them in Valencia, the last summer, using the copy of the Distagon I used to have.
It's also a pleasure to use this lens wide open, since the "bokeh" is great.

Sorry about the out of focus shot (the one from the back). Feel free to ask for another if you have interest in the lens. The glass is mint anyway.

Last edited by jimlizard on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it amazing what Santiago de Calatrava builds!!

I have a friend who might be interested in that lens, I'll send him the link.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Klaus,

Yes, the guy is really great and I love his work. Wink
About the lens, thanks for the reference. I'm ill with a cold and I didn't have the patience to take photos yet but, if he's interested, I'll hurry that process.

Cheers,
David

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures now uploaded.
A member of this site made me an offer of 550€, which I didn't accept, however I've decided to consider a price drop.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Contax 2/28 "Hollywood" Reply with quote

That lens CAN be converted to a Sony mount, by the way:

http://www.leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lens-for-Sony-cameras.html

UPDATE: I STAND CORRECTED; ONLY THE MM VERSION IS ADAPTABLE. MY APOLOGIES FOR THE ERROR.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

As I already told you by pm, thanks anyway for the tip. I'll tell my friend to search for the MM version.

This lens is now sold.