Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

leica digilux 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: leica digilux 2 Reply with quote

hi

i am selling my leica digilux 2. still takes great pictures, lens hood, 2 lens caps, software and owners manual on disc, battery, charger, strap etc. i paid $450usd, so thats all i would want from a forum member, plus shipping. send me a pm if youre interested, and i can provide photos if desired.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in case anyone is interested, i have posted on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leica-Digilux-2_W0QQitemZ320457078287QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item4a9cbaf60f#ht_500wt_1182

please feel free to pm me w any questions.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know this particular Digilux 2, but the Digilux 2 is a real gem and there's a loyal following on the Leica website; just check out this thread with more than 500 replies: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/digital-forum/20265-do-digilux-2-photos-have-distinctive.html

I've got one of those, and I truly enjoy using it. It has great ergonomics/user interface with logic and analogue controls.

It also provides great IQ:

In short, I highly recommend the Digilux 2!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jakob

yeah, i think it takes lovely pictures as well. i really dont like the evf; i find it very jumpy and outdated. also, they are selling for much more than i paid for it, and i would like some extra $ to put toward a canon 5d! btw, nice dog! and nice car/avatar!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the EVF is - at best - an acquired taste. After having used the D2, it is a great pleasure (and even surprise) to use my D700...

As to prices, I believe D2's sell for about USD800 to 1,000 for mint cameras, so your price does not appear to be high!

Thank for your kind comments about my dog and my (previous) car Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jakob

yes, and i have unfortunately not yet acquired that taste! Laughing

i am very interested in cars and wonder what yours was as it looks quite sporty?

next week i will be picking up my new subaru wrx, custom dual color leather seats, 0-60(mph) in 4.5 seconds! i cant wait to take some pictures and post them here....

tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

My present car is a Subaru Forester XT; it's based on the Impreza. It's also very close in performance, since I have added the Prodrive Performance Package (about 275bhp/400Nm torque). With a 4.5s sprint to 60, I guess your WRX is not completely standard either Twisted Evil

Subarus are great cars; I've had mine for 4 years and NO problems!

The car in my avatar is a Lancia Delta integrale (hence my user name); it is THE best driver's car I have ever tried (including several Porsches and a BMW M3 & M5. It was build to homologate the Delta for rally: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancia_Delta

I used it as my daily drive for 6 years Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lancia--nice! why did you ever get rid of it??!! Very Happy

the wrx is built for the rally as well; when i test drove it i had been driving a 2006 mustang gt 350hp and i thought the wrx blew it away. my wife couldnt get me to bring the car back to the dealer--we were out over an hour...Embarassed
t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@integrale:

Off-topic, but what happened to your 'grale? How can you now live without one? I couldn't...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is running seriously off-topic Very Happy

rbelyell, pls stop us, if you mind the least (of course, this generates activity in your for-sale thread Wink )

I sold my integrale after having to rebuild the ECU by hand (twice) to the tune of 2 months non-moving and £1,000 (twice)...

I part-traded it in for an Audi A8 (I know, but I needed to try it). The Audi was stolen after 13 months. Then I got the Forester, and that was in early 2006.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by the way: both times I needed the ECU rebuild, the integrale went dead in the morning rushhour on one of the bussiest roads in Denmark; not funny pushing the car off the road from the second lane even if you're driving an Italian thoroughbread Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as an italian thoroughbred myself, i must say its true--when i stop i STOP Laughing Laughing Laughing

when i get my suPEDburu we will start a car thread!!!