Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung nx10 is announced
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Samsung nx10 is announced Reply with quote

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/SamsungNX10/

a friend emailed this link.

He claims the register is 25.5mm if true that is great news.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out http://forum.mflenses.com/the-next-big-thing-from-samsung-samsung-nx10-t23772,highlight,nx10.html Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this camera is going to be a disaster for some DSLR competitors
with APS-C CMOS sensors Wink

tf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:

tf

it is a Samsung Cmos, the same as the Pentax bodies Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:

tf

Well, it doesn't have to be. I'm sure that all the majore DSLR makers are hard at work on their own versions. After all, this Samsung hardly came as a surprise. Its release has been anticipated for over a year now, eh?

Being a Canon user, I'm hoping that Canon does the smart thing and, rather than come out with all new lenses for their version of this technology, which will be expensive for them and for their installed base, that instead they introduce a camera with APS-C and a short registration distance, but with an accompanying adapter that allows any EF lens to be mounted, with all the necessary electrical contacts to maintain proper communication between the lens and the body. Then, if they feel the need, they can release lenses purpose built for this camera. And in the meantime -- for those of us Canon loyalists who still own FD systems -- somebody will make an adapter where the FD lenses can be used on their camera and the balance of the universe will be restored at last.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? Rolling Eyes

If the Samsung indeed has a 25.5mm registration distance, this means that Leica and Contax rf lenses can be mounted -- once somebody makes an adapter for them, that is. That's pretty cool all by itself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next issue is quality of the pics, but I assume they will be at least on a par with the Pentax - pretty good. By the looks of it they could put a fair dent in Canon and Nikon's mid/lower prosumer ranges. We have a whole new world of possibility for our "old" lenses.

patrickh

M39 RF lenses anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll enter the game when they make a full frame.
At 4500 Euros the Leica M9 is not that far - meaning that if Leica can market a 4500 Eur full frame rangefinder, another company without the Leica name can surely do it for 2000-2500 Euros - and that is when I'll enter the game Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive said it before, i think people are way too hopeful about this camera. from what ive read, the low light/high iso performance not up to par; no in camera IS; below competition vf; yet another proprietary lens mount...i just dont know if its going to be near peoples expectations.

and maybe im missing something, but why is this generating more excitement than the olly pen series, or the panny gf1? is it the large size sensor in the compact frame--i guess that's it, huh?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very excited about this one so far, apart from a slightly larger sensor it seems to be inferior to the G1 ect in most respects.

The G1 certainly has a better EVF and probably the best AF of it's type on any camera.

Didn't Samsung pull out of the DSLR market too? Seems like a slightly unwise choice of product.

Still, it's not as risky as that new ricoh, that's a camera destined to fail even if it is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
trifox wrote:

tf

it is a Samsung Cmos, the same as the Pentax bodies Wink

I have noticed that the quality of PENTAX is OUTSTANDING .. Smile so this could be a benefit ..

tf