Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lomo "Zenit" LC-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Lomo "Zenit" LC-A Reply with quote

Let me begin by saying that I am not a big fan of lomography but when I saw the LC-A being sold for a BIN price of $15 I thought I would give it a shot. The seller said it was untested and the winder was broken. I took a gamble but boy did that pay off. The camera is in beautiful condition! I took a winder off a broken zenit 19 so it does sit higher than the original, but it works fine. It is also a rather uncommon version - labeled "zenit" instead of "lomo." The belomo factory did not have rights to the zenit name (only kmz does) so this was only produced for a few years. I have to redo some of the seals in back, but I'll get up samples asap. So here it is alone and in size reference to the fujica st801 and kiev 60:

~Marc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Marc I think the 'Zenit' labelled ones were for the uk market- I actually had one the same about 20 years ago and it never worked properly, I hope you have better luck they are capable of very good results Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right about them being meant for the export market. I had read that on numerous sites. Princelle says that this variant was c. 1991 but my copy is clearly from '86. He also says the shutter speeds are from 2 secs to 1/500 but it actually is 2 min (!!) to 1/500. The shutter seems dead on for my copy. I really can't wait to run around with it.

Oh I also wanted to thank you. The winder that I used was actually from the zenit 19 that you gave to me. It is perfect. Keeping those soviet parts in the family.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in lomography. Please share some pictures whenever you can. Thanks...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Marc good to see you using the bits! Actually mine had a problem with the shutter too and it never worked properly but as remember the 'Zenit' on mine was directly under the lens cover not on the side like yours, hope you get it going Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This little cam is great. A friend of mine showed it to me and I was impressed. Quite a rugged body.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't this a copy of a Cosina compact?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wasn't this a copy of a Cosina compact?

Yes, the cx-2 if I'm remembering correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a sample posted in the gallery: http://forum.mflenses.com/lomo-lc-a-minitar-2-8-32mm-sensia-ii-cross-processed-t25105.html

It isn't very impressive but it was the only one that wasn't horribly underexposed. I can't blame the camera, the slide film was 8 years past expiration. And the snow outside probably screwed with the exposure even further.