Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S-M-C Tak 200mm F4.0 on K10D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: S-M-C Tak 200mm F4.0 on K10D Reply with quote

Many dreary and grey autumn days right now, but I did manage this shot one morning not so long ago:

S-M-C Tak 200mm F4.0 on K10D - 1/125 sec @ 100 iso - probably around F5.6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colors are unmistakeable "Pentax"!

Of course it's one of the cheaper Takumars, but by no means the worst. Actually I rate it very high. It does also do well on full frame, as can be seen here: http://forum.mflenses.com/landscapes-and-cows-with-the-smc-takumar-200mm-f-4-t18224.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I really like the colours, and they were like that in the warm, early morning sun.

I must say that your photos both here and on dpreview taken of and with your old screwmount lenses has been an impetus for me to to out and find some of these old gems. They represent fantastic value for what I have paid for most of them.

I have this lens in SMC-K also, but liked to have this one in M42 to complement my other Takumar gear.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really good.. I have been thinking about picking one up to use w/ my 135/3.5 when I need a bit more reach. Looks like it would fit well with what I need.