Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LAST FREE FILM CAMERA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: LAST FREE FILM CAMERA Reply with quote

I am starting a new thread rather than simply continuing the FREE FILM CAMERAS, LENSES, and FLASH thread.

As I said in that thread, all of the items there offered are in the mail or have been received by participating members except for one film camera. A participating member has not responded to me in the past week though he asked for and was offered the camera. Thus I offer this last camera again. The camera is in Chicago. BUT I WILL SHIP TO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

It is a Yashica FR film camera with a Yashica ML 50 f1.9 lens. If you want a flash for this say so since I have a number of decent ones to give as part of the free offer.

The FR series is a fairly high-end series of cameras that Yashica made to lure "pros" to their lens line and to look not too shabby in comparison to the Contax "older brother" line of cameras. It has what is known as the Contax/Yashica bayonet mount. There are good adapters available for using M42 lenses in the normal stopped down fashion. There are adapters that will allow the lens to be used on Canon and some other digital cameras.

It works in all the ways it should. The shutter and meter are within factory specs. As Andy said in the other thread it is an impressive camera in its features and reliability. The only "defect" is that it could use mirror bumper and rear seals if used in any serious way. Good kits for these are available on Ebay for less than $10 USD and are easy to use.

Anyone interested, even those who may have expressed some possible interest in it before, should send me a PM - first sent, first chance to get the camera. I will give priority for 48 hours after I post this to participating members (those who have contributed at least a decent handful of posts), then to other members, and then to anyone. Put otherwise, if interested in any of this, whatever your "status," send a PM as soon as possible. Remember the point of offering these film cameras is to encourage people to use film or to help someone who wants a decent film camera but finds it hard to get one.

I said free and anywhere in the world. But you need to pay for the shipment and pay for it only by Paypal and finally add $4USD to cover the Paypal fee and shipping material.

The shipment can be a significant expense. For example, shipment to Europe would run about $30. However, all but one of the persons who obtained the free items in the last thread was in Europe. The way they made it make sense economically for them was to get some inexpensive other item or items that I had that they were otherwise interested in. For example, I have a very clean Yashica ML 75-210mm f4.5 Zoom C/Y mount that many think the best zoom that Yashica made. I ask $25. Or 2 Yashica ML (C/Y) 50 f1.7 lenses, one minty cosmetically and the other in normal cosmetic shape, that are hard to find since Yashica stopped producing them in favor of more inexpensive normal lenses. I ask $36 for minty and $25 for the other. Or as a final example, a clean M42 Mamiya/Sekor 50 f2 lens that Luis A raved about recently. http://forum.mflenses.com/mamiya-sekor-2-50-cheap-normals-can-be-great-t22116.html#192401 I ask $18.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I went another route and purchased SMC Takumar from jmiro together with 2 free lenses. Was a good deal as I was already searching for a SMC Tak.

Still waiting for the goods to receive with excitement...

Above film cam. sounds a great deal. Hope it goes to someone who will use it a lot and for good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you a PM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply to SS Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
I sent you a PM

I will wait for the full 48 hours I mentioned in the original post to see who responds.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read the title of this post, the thought occurred to me:

what a shame, the last free film camera is gone, and we'll only have ones in captivity. We must make sure the captive ones mate in order to keep the species alive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
what a shame, the last free film camera is gone, and we'll only have ones in captivity. We must make sure the captive ones mate in order to keep the species alive.

Please provide pictures...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: FR gone Reply with quote

The FR etc has gone to a participating member's son whose USA high school photography class teacher rightly insisted that all students use a manual film camera for the course.

The extra lenses I listed as of possible interest to European members are still available at the prices suggested in the original post to anyone shipped anywhere in the world. I even have pix of them if someone is interested.

Just remembered I even have an M42 Yashinon DX 50 f1.7. I ask $30USD.