Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help lens mount identification - screw mount like M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Help lens mount identification - screw mount like M42 Reply with quote

Hello,
I found a lens I have never heard of before, a Nemrod 135/3.5. The outer design reminds me of Takumar, and it has a screwmount.

When trying to mount it on my camera, the mount doesn't fit: after 1 turn it gets blocked.

Does anyone knows what has exactly the same diameter as M42, but is a little bit longer (M42: about 5,5 mm long, this one: about 6,5 mm long).

Has anyone ever heard of "Nemrod"?

I will try to add pictures later this week (problems with my hosting service).

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe T2 ? (42x0,75 instead of 42x1 for M42)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like T2 mount. You will need a T2 adapter for M42, Canon or whatever. Easy to find on Ebay.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Help lens mount identification - screw mount like M42 Reply with quote

youngcoby wrote:
When trying to mount it on my camera, the mount doesn't fit: after 1 turn it gets blocked.

It sounds like a T2 mount ... don't try to force it on your SLR.

You need a T2-M42 adapter to use that lens (the T2 has a 42mm diameter as the M42 mount but the thread pitch is different, hence the blocking after 1 turn)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the *really* fast answers.

I'll go shopping then