Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

yashinon ds 50mm 1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: yashinon ds 50mm 1.9 Reply with quote

hi all

after seeing shrek's fall series and the bokeh achieved w this lens, i got a copy on ebay and took some test shots on my sigma sd14, all shot wide open, the first 2 at iso 100 and last 2 at 400. i didnt get anywhere near the swirling bokeh effect the lens is known for. Sad whats that they say about 'try try again'?? PLEASE CLICK ON EACH PHOTO FOR BEST RESOLUTION.

thanks for looking and comments! Confused

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, that's interesting Smile

As a pictures goes I like the dog the best.

Usually I think, for me personally, it takes time to discover the characteristics of a lens, maybe you'll find the "swirly" of you keep shooting with it.

I only have one Yashinon lens but love it, the DX 50/1.7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the same thing happens with Helios 44. I think you often need to focus on something small and have a cluttered background to get the swirls.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes to both of you--one definitely has to shoot many shots to uncover facets of a lens, like peeling an onion. Laughing

and in looking over your shots shrek, it does seem like the background was much busier than mine, and maybe into the sun?

all in all i was very surprised at the sharness wide open--i hadnt expected that at all, and thought 1 was very sharp and 4 at 400 more than i thought it would be...
tony