Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which adapter for SMC Pentax-M 2/50 lens on EOS?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Which adapter for SMC Pentax-M 2/50 lens on EOS? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a SMC Pentax 50mm f/2 and I want to use it on an EOS camera. I was wondering what adapter I would need. I know the M42 won't work.

_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did warn you in pm don't put only question marks into title . Why do you think question ?? is better ? Twisted Evil

If everybody put this how can people find it later ?

If it has Pentax K bayonet mount you need to take Pentax K mount adapter to EOS body from Ebay or local shops. If it has screw mount (M42 ) you need to take that version.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies, I figured nobody would care to ever see this thread again, so it didn't matter. I'll edit it if you want me too. About the mount, what exactly do you mean? This is the lens I have, don't know if you have any knowledge about it.
http://www.gadgetmiser.com/Lens%20Pentax%20f2%2050mm.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it screw mount back or bayonet ?
I believe it has bayonet but I am unsure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread title edited to be more meaningful and stand a better chance of being answered.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the edit.

I believe it's a regular screw mount. But I bought an M42 and it wouldn't screw on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11. wrote:
Thanks for the edit.

I believe it's a regular screw mount. But I bought an M42 and it wouldn't screw on.

Perhaps screw is damaged on lens or inside in adapter. You bought right adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the thread's undamaged, it might be T-mount but AFAIK Pentax never produced a T-mount 50mm prime.

Looks very modern for M42?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's damaged. But the mount on the side for EOS it has an actual mount, like it looks like what it should look like on lenses (hope that makes sense), but the side that the Pentax lens is suppose to go, it's plain. It has regular ridges like a bolt. It's not different like the other side (EOS side), and it doesn't look like the Pentax mount (hope that makes sense).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without damage this is impossible only one type of M42 screw mount exists.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way forward here is if you post front and rear pix of your adapter and one of the rear of the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here they are from stock/Google pics.
Adapter (EOS side up)

Lens mount

I don't know if you can tell, but the other side of the adapter doesn't look like the EOS side, it just has regular ridges.

Last edited by 11. on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bayonet mount lens , not screw mount!! You need to buy an adapter Pentax K to EOS body.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this lens was too modern for M42.

Ditto to the above about what adapter you need.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dudes, I thought it was a screw.
oops.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome! Buy a right adapter and enjoy! It has beautiful out focus rendering.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do, you guys can lock/delete this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can stay 11... Laughing