Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon to EOS adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Nikon to EOS adapter Reply with quote

Hi,

does anyone use this adapter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=360202849613

and anything to pay attention ?

Thanks for your assistance

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that's the guy I got mine from. I've had no problems at all (once I worked out that it twists the opposite way from Canon). To release it you have to lift the thin lug with the hole in it and I have wondered if that would become weak if it was constantly being switched from one lens to another ... but that's just me wondering.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one in the photo looks different from mine. I took a look at others on eBay and it appears that many, if not most, are like the one in the photo now. The main difference I see is the lugs that engage the Nikon lens mount -- those are the interior ones. With mine, these lugs are slotted. With the one shown, there appear to be band-type springs situated inside of them.

My adapter fit my Nikon lenses loosely when I first got it. I got a tip from somebody here -- I think it was Attila -- to use a thin screw driver and pry the slots open a bit wider. This worked great. Now the mount fits my Nikon mount lenses snuggly. I suspect the reason why the one in the photo uses springs is to eliminate this adjustment I had to make. As to how well it works vs. mine, probably just as well.

If you order one, please let us know what you think about it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

If you order one, please let us know what you think about it.

Hi Michael,

I ordered one together with the Contax G to m4/3 adapter and I have it here on my desk. Unfortunately I own at present no Nikon lens (never had a Nikon in my life Rolling Eyes ). Try to get in the next days a cheap Nikon lens. Have an eye on a Nikkor AI 1.8/50mm for few Euros.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shown adapter did works fine for me with my Nikkor 3.5/20mm, Nikon Micro Nikkor 3.5/55mm AIS and my Micro Nikkor 3.5/55mm AI..
aslo with my Jupiter 37A in Nikon Mount

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
I've had no problems at all (once I worked out that it twists the opposite way from Canon). To release it you have to lift the thin lug with the hole in it and I have wondered if that would become weak if it was constantly being switched from one lens to another ... but that's just me wondering.

Exactly !!! Laughing
Mine has AF confirm and I got it from Alex. It works really fine.

I use it with my only Nikon mount lenses : Angenieux Zooms and the result is very good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful Rolf, you might find you like those nikkors. The 105/2.5 is relatively cheap also and is one of those legends that deserves its reputation.

patrickh Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Careful Rolf, you might find you like those nikkors. The 105/2.5 is relatively cheap also and is one of those legends that deserves its reputation.

patrickh Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hi Patrick,

many thanks for the tipp
Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 105/2.5 is relatively cheap also and is one of those legends that deserves its reputation.

The 105/2,5 is a lens to go for.
Highly recommended - a keeper. Very Happy
I also got a second hand Nikkor-EOS adapter which works without any problem.

Maybe this helps:
http://www.naturfotograf.com/bestof.html