Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie question: What is "COMPACT M42"?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Newbie question: What is "COMPACT M42"? Reply with quote

Hello guys,
Saw an adv. of Pentax Super Takumar Lens with COMPACT M42 mount, is this "COMPACT M42" just another nickname of M42 lens?
Thanks,
Wei

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie question: What is "COMPACT M42"? Reply with quote

lwsy711 wrote:
Hello guys,
Saw an adv. of Pentax Super Takumar Lens with COMPACT M42 mount, is this "COMPACT M42" just another nickname of M42 lens?
Thanks,
Wei

Hello Wei,

I have never heard of such a thing, however, I have two TAK's one 28mm and a 135mm and both are (besides being excellent lenses) pretty small. The 135 is the smallest of the 12 or so 135mm lenses I have.

Unless something is dreadfully wrong with the lens the Takumars are some of the best out there IMO.

Jules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie question: What is "COMPACT M42"? Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
lwsy711 wrote:
Hello guys,
Thanks,
Wei

Hello Wei,

I have never heard of such a thing, however, I have two TAK's one 28mm and a 135mm and both are (besides being excellent lenses) pretty small. The 135 is the smallest of the 12 or so 135mm lenses I have.

Unless something is dreadfully wrong with the lens the Takumars are some of the best out there IMO.

Jules

Thanks Jules,
This expression is posted on one dealer's website. Just curious about what this mount is. So might be something they added to describe how small the lens is. By the way, the price of this lens is good according to the dealer:
mint - 35mm/f2 super takumar + 49mm uv filter = $149
Wei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I think it's just the size of the lens as an M42 mount is an M42 mount. Nothing tricky.

The prices have gone up a bit since I bought mine however it's a good lens.

Jules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, "compact" usually would be to describe a lens size.
eg: the compact Olympus Zuiko's