Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar I96U 50mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Industar I96U 50mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Just found this lens buried under a pile of broken camera accessories. Bought it at less than $10USD. I realised it was an enlarger lens and went to find out about it online. This lens is for UPA-510, a portable photographic enlarger, info from http://www.krahe-sw.de/kamerasammlung/Kamera-Seiten/kamera_12_29_upa-510.htm

I decided to clean it up and reverse mount the lens. It was done by embeded it into the M42 extension tube. I called it the 22/150 dual purpose lens. This is because by using a measuring tape, this lens reverse mounted can focus down to 150cm and rightly mounted can focus down to 22cm. It behaves similary to a projector which have center sharpness.

Yes, I love Olympus Embarassed

Shot at 150cm, measuring tape on the right.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a nice weather today. Just after rain, flowers, plants and leaves still have water droplets. I decided to try out the I96U enlarger lens for close up/macro shots. All taken at Orchard Central Sky Garden. Here we go !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice experiment and good results! I saw one of these advertised earler this week for £7.95. My shelves are too full though Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
Nice experiment and good results! I saw one of these advertised earler this week for £7.95. My shelves are too full though Laughing

Thanks. Ah ! pretty nice price ! time to squeeze this little one in ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results with the lens. Seems to be a MC one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a decent enough lens. I love the bokeh.

Shrek wrote:

Ah go on you know you want to!

Go on, go on, go on!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Very good results with the lens. Seems to be a MC one.

Thank you. Yup, I think so too. It got bluish tint on the glass.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
That looks like a decent enough lens. I love the bokeh.

Thank you. I love the bokeh too. So smooth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more photos as follows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote