Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Turn off the beep alarm of Yashica FX-D ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Turn off the beep alarm of Yashica FX-D ? Reply with quote

Hi, I've recently got a Yashica FX-D to take B&W films while I use my Contax 139 Quartz with negatives. It's a nice camera. Very Happy

But I also got a trouble when I have to take photos in a quiet environment, the FX-D makes a 'beep' sound alert when the metering gives an overexprosure warning. Is it possible to turn the sound alert off?

Thanks in advance! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beep in the FX-D can not be switched off. The good news is that there are not many reasons for the camera to beep other than overexposure.
The FX-D sure is a fine camera, a kind of Contax139 for the masses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toeteraar wrote:
The beep in the FX-D can not be switched off. The good news is that there are not many reasons for the camera to beep other than overexposure.
The FX-D sure is a fine camera, a kind of Contax139 for the masses.

Thanks very much Toeteraar. seems that the only way to prevent the beep maybe setting the lens at a right aperture every time before checking the exposure. Very Happy