Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carefree days that fly...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Carefree days that fly... Reply with quote

I found this one among my old negs from my "bright college days" of 1977 (to quote Tom Lehrer). I'm not sure what the film is, it says "Kodak safety film" and is really course grained - ISO 400 I suppose - but I really like the look, the background is almost like the work of an Italian renaissance master. The rendering also reminds me a bit of some Fomapan shots I've seen.

It was shot on my first Pentacon Six which must have had the 50/4 Flek mounted at the time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that an elm in the rear? The grain is - interesting, certainly dates the picture.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's an elm, I guess it will be long gone. The sky was messed up because some text had come through the backing paper and imprinted faintly on the sky, so I've cloned it rather roughly from unaffected edges. Maybe if I rescan I can get it a little bit cleaner - what I like is the rendering of the background, not the sky.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! great 3D on this b&w!
look like tarzan & Jane