Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New toy(s ? )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: New toy(s ? ) Reply with quote

Hello to all Very Happy
Since i cant win no auction in e bay since all i tried seemed to end during my working hours i decided to check a couple local shops in Athens and wish to get lucky .
So i took the train this afternoon and start walking arround .
I got a helios 44/2 in new condition for 40 euros ( about 10 euros more expensive than e bay but i will get it tomorrow and not in a month or so that most sellers estimate delivery ) . The optics seemed crystal clear maybe veeery litlle dust . The aperture works nice and smoth .

Because i dont want to open a lot of threads i d like to ask for your opinion .
There were a beroflex 35/2.8 with signs of use on the barrel but clear optics only alittle dust , and a Jupiter 37 ( i think it was the mc edition dont remember for sure ) which optics were clear but there might were something like grease on the mount i didnt spent much time with it because i was hoping to find a Jup 9 or even a helios 40 .
The price was also 40 Euros for the beroflex and i think the same for Jup .
Do you think that i should get them ?
Are they any good ?
I found some pics taken by the jup and i think they look great but if there really is some grease on the mount what do i do ?
Somebody may put it there for preservation or something else is wrong ?
I havent found anything about the beroflex .

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post .

Panos .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I think/feel that 40 € for that Beroflex is to much. Tried a few Beroflex (not the one you are referring to) and wasn't to much impressed.

My opinion, maybe I'm wrong

Klaus

PS: What abot a sniping program that will do your ebay bidding while you are working?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Klaus ,
I dont know where to find such a program and how to set it up Sad
Is the flek 35 2.4 on ebay that goes of in about 8 hours yours ?
It is another sample of an auction ending when i ll be working Sad
I really wanted to bid it .

Panos .

P.S. I wont get the beroflex but i ll get a closer look on the Jup .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Panos,
made good experiences with

www.buyertools.de

There should be an English version, too.

Freeware.

Flek: Yes, was mine Wink

Greetings
klaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have very good experiences with this one

www.bietfuchs.de

You have to pay for 70 snipes approx. 10 €. Place your max. bid amount and then you are sure, that the server of this company places a bid let say 5 sec. before the auction will be finished. No trouble with your own pc, time differences with the time on your pc and *bay time etc.

You can shut down your PC and when you are back from your work you will see what happened. Very easy, very good.

The only problem is to think about your maximum bid, but thats the problem at *bay anyway

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, €40,- for a Helios-44-2 is a lot. But if it is a good one, it will be fun.

Leave the Beroflex, it's way too expensive.
The Jupiter-37 is OK, not cheap, but OK.

A Helios-40 plays in a completely different league. That's a very expensive lens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Nice buy, but a 44-2 is about 10€ on ebay. Still you have it the next day and can see what's going on in the shop. I wonder if the aperture rign is inverted ? Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Very Happy

I got both lenses this morning . They seem both to be in great shape ( i m not experienced enough to be sure ) . They might never been used . They both have clear opticks only a little dust . The greasy stuff on the J 37 seem to be some factory lubricant and there is only very little and not on the mount but between the mount and the rear element . It is a J 37AM MC .
My only difficulty so far is that the rear element is not easily accecible only by hand to clean it i probably will have to use a stick or something like that . Sn 931799 .
The 44-2 has more quality and has two aperture rings . One numbered on the exterior side of the lense and one thinner by the first one . When you set the big one on any aperture the thinner one cant go by it ( pe if you set aperture to 11 it cant go to 16 ) . On the mark aperture 2 the thin ring locks .
Sn 86096594 .
Total cost 70 Euros .
I ll try to post some photos of the lenses if you want me to .
Hexi what do you mean about the inverted aperture ?
Thanks for your time ,

Panos .