Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please help identify this mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Please help identify this mount? Reply with quote

Hello. Very nice forum you folks have here!

I've bought a lens very cheap, an Isco Göttingen TELE - WESTANAR 135mm f3.5. Now I need to decide how to mount it on my Olympus 4/3rds camera.

First, a few photographs. The lens:
http://tinyurl.com/yhz3uul

And now the mount:
http://tinyurl.com/yhkz5rw
http://tinyurl.com/yzjr5vj

The seller said it was 'unidentified mount'.

Now, it's unusual. It's a bayonet mount, but the lens joins from inside the bayonet ring (female I think) rather than outside like most lenses. I first thought it to be an Adaptall lens without the adapter (see, I'm new to this. Only Tamron made Adaptall). Now I'm wondering if it might be a Canon FD or FE? Or even be missing its mount, with the bayonet I see being a manufacturer-specific thing that allowed them to join this lens to several mounts (google photos of this lens with M42 and PK mounts show another thin ring attached to the mount end)?

The internal measurement of the bayonet ring is 43-44mm as best I can measure it (ruler+eye).

Any help would be appreciated. If it might be FD, I'll try an adapter. If not, I plan to give it a make-over, butcher a spare 4/3rds adapter and screw it on as a replacement mount.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Please help identify this mount? Reply with quote

[/me being useless]

Last edited by Max Carnage on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Please help identify this mount? Reply with quote

Max Carnage wrote:
Hello. Very nice forum you folks have here!

I've bought a lens very cheap, an Isco Göttingen TELE - WESTANAR 135mm f3.5. Now I need to decide how to mount it on my Olympus 4/3rds camera.

First, a few photographs. The lens:

And now the mount:

The seller said it was 'unidentified mount'.

Now, it's unusual. It's a bayonet mount, but the lens joins from inside the bayonet ring (female I think) rather than outside like most lenses. I first thought it to be an Adaptall lens without the adapter (see, I'm new to this. Only Tamron made Adaptall). Now I'm wondering if it might be a Canon FD or FE? Or even be missing its mount, with the bayonet I see being a manufacturer-specific thing that allowed them to join this lens to several mounts (google photos of this lens with M42 and PK mounts show another thin ring attached to the mount end)?

The internal measurement of the bayonet ring is 43-44mm as best I can measure it (ruler+eye).

Any help would be appreciated. If it might be FD, I'll try an adapter. If not, I plan to give it a make-over, butcher a spare 4/3rds adapter and screw it on as a replacement mount.

I think you were trying to do this ^^^^^^^^^^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you dnas! c",)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Please help identify this mount? Reply with quote

Max Carnage wrote:
Or even be missing its mount, with the bayonet I see being a manufacturer-specific thing that allowed them to join this lens to several mounts (google photos of this lens with M42 and PK mounts show another thin ring attached to the mount end)?

This shows what I mean. The following photograph is a different sample of the same lens, this time with the M42 mount. Notice the additional ring at the base?