Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

jupiter 200mm 4.0 with sigma sd14
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: jupiter 200mm 4.0 with sigma sd14 Reply with quote

it was such a lovely day in the mountains, that i thought i would take out my newly acquired jupiter 200mm and see if i could get some interesting perspectives. i hope people enjoy them. critiques welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

The J-21 is a very good and heavy lens.

#1- Very nice. I could stand more to the left side, playing with the fall more than with the great stone. This stone seems to be in zone 6 while perhaps it can be better exposed at zone 5 or 5 1/2.

I like the #3.

Thanks for sharing. Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your comments rino, much appreciated. i know what you mean about changing the perspective on the water shot, but i loved that small stone wedged under the large rock...i probably should have backed up a bit.
thanks again
tony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viewing on my monitor, it appears your focus was slightly off. I like the composition of 2 & 3, though 3 seems a bit overexposed.

I've been very impressed with color rendition and saturation from that Sigma, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

Many think that easier Jupiter-21A is a bit better than Jupiter-21M.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craig: thanks for the reply. as i take overwhelmingly handheld, yes the focus is prob a little off due to my old shaking hands!

kamerer; alas i just have the J-M, and have only taken a couple dozen shots, but i must say i am initially impressed by the sharpness of this telephoto, which operates at 340mm due to my sigma's 1.7 crop factor.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craig, btw, when looking on this site i agree that #3 looks overexposed--it really looks much better for some reason on my photo program, which is interesting as i dont find that typically the case, but sometimes....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamerer wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Many think that easier Jupiter-21A is a bit better than Jupiter-21M.

Hi Sergey.

Which is which? A and M differences? How to recognice each one?

Thanks. Rino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

Hi Sergey.
Which is which? A and M differences? How to recognice each one?
Thanks. Rino

Hello.

http://animal.zenit.istra.ru/archive/lenses/jupiter-21.html

J-21A (Krasnogorsk):
L=160mm, D=66mm, m=740g.

J-21M (Vologda):
L=165mm, D=78mm, m=980g.

Also at them diaphragm (apertura) work differs - at "A" copes a ring, and at "M" jumping.

In discussions at forums say that quality of manufacture in a Krasnogorsk hardly was better, stabler.

Logo:
http://animal.zenit.istra.ru/qa/qa-logos.html

Last edited by Kamerer on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:25 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jupiter-21M is a fantastic lens. I really like it!
But since I have the Leica Elmar 4/180 no other tele lens finds the way into my bag easily.
Thus, I plan to sell my J21M in very good condition (almost mint).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sergey, very much.

Very Ilustrative.

Regards, Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Thus, I plan to sell my J21M in very good condition (almost mint).

I too have sold J21A (1/4 me insufficiently) and have bought Sonnar 180/2,8.

p.s.
Has still forgotten to mention that at J21A the replaceable tail adapter, it is possible to find on М39, М42 and K (Pentax). Probably will approach T-mount.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey is right but the T2 mount is slightly wider than the Russian 'A' mount however it can certainly be used on 'A' lenses, I have T2-K mount adapters on my Jupiter 37 and 3M-5A more or less permanently, they are easier to find than the Russian versions, and the M39 version is not often seen but can be got. Very Happy Very Happy