Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The great modified lens from my friend
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: The great modified lens from my friend Reply with quote

Hi all of my friend,

My friend has modified the enlarger lens as this link :
http://www.pantip.com/cafe/camera/topic/O8445733/O8445733.html

The result is great and I'd like to share here.

The post is in Thai but the name of lens are English.

Follow it for any details. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KhanX,

Do you realize that because of this kind of posts "LBA-unfriendly" the price of such lenses is raising to stellar levels ?

The setup with the Culminar and the Vivitar converter is exactly what i'm trying to do with my enlarger lenses ... If i only could find a Vivitar or a Kenko macro converter to cannibalize Crying or Very sad ...

The little "bubbles of bokeh" in the Steinheil 3 picture are absolutely fantastic, congrats to your friend for the great captures ...

And, thanks for sharing the link, this is giving me some ideas ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results indeed proving how great that older glass is!
The conversion "butchering" other lenses is not for everyone I guess.... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /cafe/camera/topic/O8445733/O8445733.html.

Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Connection refused"

Sad

EDIT: OK, now it works...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried someting simliar some weeks ago. Guess I have to present that here... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to be similar to Vilva's work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again my friends,

Please don't forget follow the links ;

manual lens in Auto focus barrel : http://www.pantip.com/cafe/camera/topic/O8414750/O8414750.html

more sample from Elmar :
http://www.pantip.com/cafe/camera/topic/O8419416/O8419416.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean he gets auto focus?

I do hope the lens barrels were from otherwise totally trashed lenses Embarassed

patrickh

Great shots of course and a fascinating exercise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A non-destructive way to accomplish something similar to this is to get a C-mount lens -- the kind used for 16mm film movie cameras -- and a lens cap.

Drill a hole dead center in the lens cap that matches the diameter of the 16mm lens front barrel section. Cement the lens in reversed position onto the cap. Mount the lens/cap to the front of your favorite macro lens. Take high-magnification close-up photos. Be aware, though, your lens is likely to be a couple of centimeters or closer to your subject.

Or, you can achieve almost as good of results by reverse mounting a wide-angle lens to your camera. The wider the angle, the greater the magnification.