Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura 925 from OM-10 on 4/3 mount ! Shoot sample end page 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Komura 925 from OM-10 on 4/3 mount ! Shoot sample end page 1 Reply with quote

Hi all !
Excuse me for the poor English of a French User.
First step I present me : I'm moazebulon from France (Bordeaux, Wine city Embarassed )
I have DSLR canon EOS 30D. Rolling Eyes
So why posting here ?
Because my first love in photography material was an olympus OM-10.
So with my canon I lost some interesting point in photography like reflection about technic replace by electronic mind in our camera.
So recently I have the opportunity to bought at lower price a Digilux 3 and renew to the diaphragm and speed mind. Very Happy
At now I have in mind to take a second life to my old lens and by typing "komura macro 925" in google I found this interesting forum.
And now my question :
Is there any body who have experience in mounting OM-10 like lens on 4/3 DSLR mount like my new Digilux ?
Have you any information to give about mounting lenses like :
komura 90-250 F/4.5 or Zuiko 50/1.8 or Sigma 28-70/3.5-4.5 (all manual on my previous OM-10)
mounting on 4/3 mount by adapter like OLYMPUS Adaptater MF1-OM ?
Is this combination acceptable ?

Thanks for all and have a good week-end !
Return to see you here this sunday !

Last edited by moazebulon on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here!
Don't excuse about your English, this is an international forum, surely not everybody speaking well in English including me.
Any kind of Olympus OM to 4/3 body works fine, I am Olympus E-1 user I mounted many Olympus OM lenses with different adapters I never had problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, moazebulon. Welcome.

What about your komura zoom lens? Have you pics take with it?

Let us see them, please.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The komura zoom is 1973/1975
Usually Komura zooms are less than average quality
the only komura lens with good reputation is the telemore 95/2 2x converter

Prefer tokina made (tokina + soligor + vivitar), komine made (mainly vivitar & panagor) , kiron (kiron + vivitar ) made lens or sigma post 1980.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two Komura primes, 200mm and 135mm both has very, very nice color rendering, but they are not sharpness champions.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/komura/

And if look 400mm Luiseallegria samples, you should love to take this lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that the komura 85 mm for exa was very good. Isn't it?

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's super rare I see only one copy at this time, I don't think if their other lenses was average they made one very good lens. I think it was same than their other primes beautiful color rendering and less sharp than competitors.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your contribution.

I found this Chinese forum where there is a picture of the same lens than my komura lens : http://bbs.fengniao.com/forum/showthread.php?p=524848

Now I think that for not an enormous investment I bought the adapter and try to see by my self the result and inform you here to the result when I received the adapter and take some picture with this combination.

Have a nice day !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy and Sad

I receive, this day, my converter 49€ but it fit well with my ZUIKO OM 50/1.8 and with my Sig OM 28-70/3.5-4.5 Very Happy and, for minus 1/100 millimeter Question it don't fit the komura OM mount that was already an adapter from komura (?) to OM Sad
So I am very disappointing because it's primary for this lens I bought this adapter.

All in all, after setting Digilux to allow shoot without lens (adapter is like without lens mounting ) I take some picture (Oly and Sig) that are decent one.

I spend more time next week to test and show you adapter and result.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this Komura 90-250 zoom lens, it has a replaceable mount, which
looks like adaptall kind. So Sankyo koki must have sold many mount
models of the same lens.

BUT,,, I have never used this lens, so I cannot comment its IQ. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very hard to say about Komura.

When Komura existed it was a very small company, and made few lenses, and did very little marketing it seems. So not many magazines did tests or articles, and it got no reputation.

So each Komura can be a surprise to everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank to my dremel[TM], I win the millimeter I need to mount my adapter ring ...
see you soon for example and shot of my dremel work Rolling Eyes Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your curiosity, Komura 80/1.8

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No enough light this week to take picture with my equipment !

But enough time to show you my work :

Laughing

and my old lens equipment (80's) :

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good surprise with the Digilux 3 and tokina 925 combination !!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I permit me to modify my topic title in the limit size of title to indicate the shoot example (previous page Confused ) !

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome moazebulon. You will find as Attila says that this is truly an international forum. Most of us native english speakers, and even the amerispeakers Smile are extremely impressed with the depth of knowledge of the language amongst our non-native english speakers. That looks like a vry intersting starting point for you

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome moazebulon.

Thanks, this is the first time I see the images from Komura 90-250.
I own this lens with SR-mount, but ,,, Laughing

PS. Your HN sounds like a name from SF novel "Dune", I like it. Very Happy

From Tokyo today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Komura Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Very hard to say about Komura.

When Komura existed it was a very small company, and made few lenses, and did very little marketing it seems. So not many magazines did tests or articles, and it got no reputation.

So each Komura can be a surprise to everyone.

Their UK agensts tried quite hard in the 1970s and early 80s - but with a small advertising budget they relied on dealers to promote and sell the brand instore. The reward for us was better profit margins and that they kept the make out of the big cut-price multiples. My recollection is that the camera lenses were well finished but never easy to sell. The teleconverters were easier, because they were the first to claim that 7-elements gave virtually no iq loss and some of the photo mags backed the claim ... which was very naughty as it wasn't true. And they did 6-element enlarging lenses which looked just like the Hoya ones and were actually very good.

The only Komura lens I ever owned was a 200mm Leica rangefinder one, but the coupling was way out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: To be sold Reply with quote

If you are unterested, I'm selling my grandfather's one :

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: To be sold Reply with quote

salamilan wrote:
If you are unterested, I'm selling my grandfather's one : http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130337991006