Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 lens on Bellows for Pentax K10D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: M42 lens on Bellows for Pentax K10D Reply with quote

I have been reading this forum for some time now and having fun using old MF lenses on my Pentax K10D, mostly Pentax and Tamrons.

I have just purchased a very nice Honeywell Pentax Auto-Bellows that i will be using with a Super Takumar 55mm F2 lens.

I did not have time to set up the tripod and ligthting to take macro pictures, but i mounted the setup on my K10d and this thing can focus really close to blow up details.

Now, it would be nice to have a bit more room to work, so i may get a longer focal lenght to mount on the bellows.

Any suggestions for cheap lens that would perform? I was thinking of getting an enlarger lens about 75mm or 90mm. Already have a real cheap LUCKY 75mm, but waiting for an adapter to mount it and i don't expect much from this lens.... but who knows, it may surprise me.

This is a great forum and i love reading you all Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Thank you for joining us!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enlarging lenses of 105mm and longer are good on bellows units - you can often buy them very reasonably. Depending on the construction of the actual bellows unit, you'll probably find you can also get focus back to infinity.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. The biggest issue with enlarger lenses is the mount size. Many are M39, but Schneider in particular uses some very odd sizes. The names to look for for value/quality are El-nikkor (all M39), Rodenstock Rodagon and Schneider Componon. Any of these in 80mm or above will give you plenty of room for macro.

patrickh