Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optic Gorlitz Orestegor 4-22/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Meyer-Optic Gorlitz Orestegor 4-22/200 Reply with quote

I recently purchased this lens quite cheaply in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition, the focus and aperture rings turn smooth as silk. the "blooming" both front and rear elements is very "deep" and effective (as regards reflections from the lights around the house) and the diaphragm has 15 blades. Of course, the lens is totally manual in every respect (including no auto-aperture), so its not going to be handy for those fleeting sporting shots. Rolling Eyes

Here is a link to see what it looks like and what someone else has said about it: (Scroll about 3/4 way down and click on the heading in blue)

http://www.jr-worldwi.de/photo/index.html?lenses.html

Does anyone here have any experience with Meyer-Optic Orestgor lenses and what do they think of them? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens, light weight , pretty compact with good optical quality.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/meyer200zebra/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the one. Thanks for the llink! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you using it on?

I've got the later Pentacon model and it's very good on a DSLR.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
What are you using it on?

I've got the later Pentacon model and it's very good on a DSLR.

I'm very "old tech" (just like me); it is being used on an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SPF Laughing (but I have several other "film" M42 bodies and they'll all get a turn sooner or later). Smile

Last edited by Banjo on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple of Spotmatic SPiis, but I've yet to use anything over 135mm on them. I'll have to give it a go on a fast film.

I look forward to seeing your results.