Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repair manual for Nippon Kogaku Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Repair manual for Nippon Kogaku Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 ? Reply with quote

Hello from Maine, USA.

I would like to have the repair manual for Nippon Kogaku Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 lens from 1969.

It's focus is stuck and the glass needs cleaning inside...

Thank you Smile
Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'll try this group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NikonRepair/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty easy assuming you can get past the screws. Pull out the front element (I use a neoprene mousepad glued to the back of a rear lens cap).

Then remove the filter ring (it has a tiny set screw that you'll have to also pull). The rest of the optics group will be lifted out at this point (there might be a single screw holding it in place on older ones).

Some focus rings have 3 screws around the outside that hold it to the helix assembly--on the later ones, those screws are hidden under the front face of the focus ring. I use the lid from a jar candle with a neoprene ring (old mouse pad) glued onto it to pull that face. On this type, you'll find a second set of screws in that same face after you pull the focus ring--no reason to mess with those.

Then you'll take off the mount assembly, aperture ring and then the chrome ring above it that has the index line.

Before you pull the focus helix apart, get some references so you'll know the relationships of the parts when it goes back together. You'll have to pull the stop from the top of the inner barrel (two screws; you may have to pry it off after as they're often glued in place too), and the little key from the center barrel that rides in the slot under the index line (note the orientation of the key prior to removing). Note the position of the barrels in relation to one another as the last thread disengages.

My lens tools: