Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fotostream with 143 different lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Fotostream with 143 different lenses Reply with quote

Maybe everbody here knows Yoyo31 from Taiwan already. He has a fotostream with pictures taken with 143 different manual lenses. Check here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yoyo31/collections/72157607630072563/

Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my favorite flickr site.
He shows the widest bandwith of images taken with MF lenses on flickr.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link. Great site.

Does anyone know the program he used to show the exifs at the bottom ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Fotostream with 143 different lenses Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:
Maybe everbody here knows Yoyo31 from Taiwan already. He has a fotostream with pictures taken with 143 different manual lenses. Check here:

Thomas

While he has tested plenty of lenses, unfortunately he has only tested one of the umpteen lenses that I have.
And some of the lenses he has tested are not as good as their faster or slower cousins from the same manufacturer...For example, he only tests the Nikon 35mm f2 and not the 35mm f1.4 AIS, which is known to be a better lens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Fotostream with 143 different lenses Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
madamasu wrote:

Thomas

While he has tested plenty of lenses, unfortunately he has only tested one of the umpteen lenses that I have.
And some of the lenses he has tested are not as good as their faster or slower cousins from the same manufacturer...For example, he only tests the Nikon 35mm f2 and not the 35mm f1.4 AIS, which is known to be a better lens.

Yeah, I found some holes in his coverage with respect to my collection also. Nine Iscos but only three Nikkors? Whassup with that? But he has a whole bunch that I would dearly love to own.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting !

Thank you Thomas. Razz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Thomas! Please invite him to join us!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

Does anyone know the program he used to show the exifs at the bottom ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yoyo31/2937816066/in/set-72157607988793785/

Rolf, read the responses below I found.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly said I don't understand, how anyone can criticize somebody, who shows what can be done with the 143 lenses he has, for not includig the umpteen lenses someone else has or for only having 3 Nikkors but showing 6 Iscos.
I'm glad he shows Iscos and whatsoever, as I don't know much about them,
whereas for Nikkors I can go to 100 Nikon-newsgroups or to B. Rosletts pages.
Maybe the Nikkor 35/1.4 is better than the 35/2, but that's not what I am interested in (and I guess others too), I want to know, what the 35/2 can do, maybe because I don't have enough money for the other one, or I don't want to carry around a bigger chunk of glass and metal than necessary. I am very glad that someone else took the pains to show all this (not just curves and statistics, but real pictures, and some of them very good), and I go back to the mf-lense gallery for the same reasons.
If anybody here, who owns more than 143 glasses is willing to show results with them on flickr or anywhere lese, I would be as grateful to him as I am to yoyo31.

Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:
Frankly said I don't understand, how anyone can criticize somebody, who shows what can be done with the 143 lenses he has, for not includig the umpteen lenses someone else has or for only having 3 Nikkors but showing 6 Iscos.
I'm glad he shows Iscos and whatsoever, as I don't know much about them,
whereas for Nikkors I can go to 100 Nikon-newsgroups or to B. Rosletts pages.
Maybe the Nikkor 35/1.4 is better than the 35/2, but that's not what I am interested in (and I guess others too), I want to know, what the 35/2 can do, maybe because I don't have enough money for the other one, or I don't want to carry around a bigger chunk of glass and metal than necessary. I am very glad that someone else took the pains to show all this (not just curves and statistics, but real pictures, and some of them very good), and I go back to the mf-lense gallery for the same reasons.
If anybody here, who owns more than 143 glasses is willing to show results with them on flickr or anywhere lese, I would be as grateful to him as I am to yoyo31.

Thomas

+1 and the pics are enough interesting to show characteristics of the lenses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:

Geez, I guess I should have put a bunch of smiley icons in my post. I was joking! I guess you didn't bother to read where I mentioned that he had "a whole bunch that I would dearly love to own."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find. Still going through... make you think you should be shooting more right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fates wrote:
Great find. Still going through... make you think you should be shooting more right?

Right!

What a great project. Shooting with so many different lenses and not the common&ugly test-shot, but shots from interesting scenes often full of life. I nearly envy him his passion, talent and steadiness for doing so.

Maybe, I will join with such a trial (in a more modest frame) one day.

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He spent his time to share with us his experiences with 143 lenses (most of them very difficult to find).

I would not do, it's so hard to do. I do not spent my time in this job. So I'm very gratefully with him.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me want to carry a rig with me at all times... with all my lenses. I'd be in great shape after the first month. Popeye arms!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really useful link. The man is amazing. It really would be fun to have him as part of this group.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him a mail via Flickr, but he hasn't responded yet, and maybe he doesn't want to. So we just have to wait.

Thomas