Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Fujicas Arrived!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: New Fujicas Arrived! Reply with quote

I added a few new (used) Fujicas to my collection. I just about have the ST collection complete and Im getting very close to wrapping up the AX line also.

Last edited by spiralcity on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Nice!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group shot..perhaps? Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Group shot..perhaps? Cool

I will need an extra wide lens for a group shot.... Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!

I'm not a collector, nor have all the fujicas, but my favorite are :

Electronic: ST 901 (second the AZ1)

Mechanical : ST 605 N (excelent viewfinder, shutterspeeds in it, two cells and average meter) and ST 801.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up this at the boot sale for £12.50 today

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/DSC00652.jpg

The seals are a bit gooey but everything works except the idiot left the batteries in the flash gun and the goo must have s/c something, even a body cap, shutter cable, vivitar 2X converter and view finder rubber thingy inc.

Oh it's a STX-2 with 50mm f1.9 lens

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these M42 mount? If so, which is the one to go for?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beautiful family! And those lenses...Wow!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the STX-2 is not well made there's a lot of plastic and it's the first old camera to let me down so far............in my buy the meter was spot on, everything worked erm well until I later tried 1000/sec and something jammed. Took the base plate off but something was stopping the curtain going across and I ended up making things worse trying a DIY repair.

The STX-2 must be the most dead end camera as it's stuck with the fuji bayonet and the camera offers nothing over other makes for similar money. Well unless Fuji lenses are the tops.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am sure you could come up with something Laughing To good an opportunity to share their beauty together!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Are these M42 mount? If so, which is the one to go for?

The only M42 mount pictured is the ST705, the other cameras are bayonet X mounts.

I recomment the ST801 and the ST705w for M42 mount Fujica cameras. If you would like to try an X-mount I would go with the AX3.

I find all the M42 ST cameras to be solid with bright viewfinders. They dont have tons of features, but if your like me and mostly rely on the skills you know and dont care about a ton of feature, these cameras are GREAT!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Quote:

I am sure you could come up with something Laughing To good an opportunity to share their beauty together!!

I'll see what I can do about this some time soon.