Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon lenses to Canon EOS mount adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Nikon lenses to Canon EOS mount adapter Reply with quote

Hi

I see there are at least 2 types of such adapters: one with 3 flat springs behind the Nikon part of the adapter, like on the attached photo and one without those springs.

I looked at the Nikon camera mount and saw the similar design with those 3 springs. So I thought this is a prefereble design for the adapter as well. But one of the sellers I asked to confirm his adapters have those springs told me that this is an old design for those adpaters and a new design doesn't contain springs. So I would like to ask your opinion and experience.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an adapter without springs. It has slots in the bayonet "lugs" instead. When I first mounted a Nikon mount lens to my EOS, it fit loosly. I was able to get rid of the slop by using a small screwdriver, pushing the tip into the slots and then spreading them open slightly. I did this a little bit at a time until the adapter fit snugly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also the third type, one sold by Fotodiox as a Pro version. It's all black, made of aluminum, and has a different lock mechanism. Supposedly, it stays tighter on the Canon body as the wobbly part with the hole is not there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the type WITH the spring. It was the cheapest available...about $12us shipped. It fits the nikkor-n 35mm perfectly and is not loose or wobbly at all. The only thing I don't like is that it focuses beyond infinity a bit, which makes me think I'm losing a bit of focus distance on the short end. But it's a minor complaint.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbenn8 wrote:
I have the type WITH the spring. It was the cheapest available...about $12us shipped. It fits the nikkor-n 35mm perfectly and is not loose or wobbly at all. The only thing I don't like is that it focuses beyond infinity a bit, which makes me think I'm losing a bit of focus distance on the short end. But it's a minor complaint.

That is the kind I have. It is nice and tight (almost too tight) on the two AI lenses I used, but loose on the one non-AI lens I tried. So I think the problem may be in the design tolerances of different lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or wear on the mounts

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this Fotodiox Pro Nikon F to Canon EOS body adapter as well as the much less expensive Fotodiox Nikon F Lens to Canon EOS EF Mount Adapter (R)...usually once a month I pick up two new adapters through Fotodiox_Gear on ebay to take advantage of their free shipping...I noticed recently they are no longer selling the Pro version on ebay...also noticed they are no longer selling the other high end adapter with the chip.

aoleg wrote:
There is also the third type, one sold by Fotodiox as a Pro version. It's all black, made of aluminum, and has a different lock mechanism. Supposedly, it stays tighter on the Canon body as the wobbly part with the hole is not there.

[url][/url]