Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spotmatic SP, Pracktica MTL-3 Metering Pin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Spotmatic SP, Pracktica MTL-3 Metering Pin Reply with quote

Hello All,

I am new to MF Photography - previously just done little work using my Rebel Ti - I just bought Spotmatic SP (battery still pending in shipping) and Pracktica MTL-3 which I can use right now.
Now what my experience about Rebel Ti was that as soon as you put a faster ISO film you have to open little aperture in a particular light condition as opposed to slower ISO settings and vice versa.
with my MTL-3 match needle meter - whenever I change the ISO dial enen upto 1600 ISO and meter same objeckt under the same lighting circumstances - I get the same needle which as the case might be above or lower the 0.
All I need to know is that if the meter's ISO dial is not working - or is that the way Cent Avg Meter is done in these cameras which is set at ISO 100 or 200 so what ever film you use you'd have the same metering and with higher ISOs you should use an external meter?

Sorry for my bad englisch - I am an englisch speaker at all.

Best Regards,

Al-wateen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correctly, it sounds as though the MTL3 is faulty.

Changing the ISO on my MTL3 changes the metering value instantly.

*** EDIT***
However, using an old battery, I get similar results to you have found so I would try replacing the bettery with one you know is good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotmatic SP, Pracktica MTL-3 Metering Pin Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer.
That was my answer always - as the ISO speeds contribute towards metering. I put a brand new German Battery and it showed the pins moving - but in similar manner always on all the speeds.
I should get that camera to some technician - please tell me if metering of old cameras are repairable.

Regards,

Al-Wateen