Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K100D with MF Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Pentax K100D with MF Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Here are a couple of shots taken with my Pentax K100D and Micro-Nikkor 55mm macro.

Traditionally this lens goes to 1:2 magnification but with the optic free Nikon AI-Pentax PK adapter it looses infinity focus but does get closer to 1:1

A Dandelion

A Poppy

And a Wild Flower (Corn flower?)

C&C welcome

Cheerz MZ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love colors B&W is not good in my opinion on these pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree however except in the case of #1, which I think is really awesome in B&W.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That nikkor and ots predecessor the 3.5 are among the best macro lenses and cost very little

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

I do understand the feelings over colours but the images were converted to B&W in part to help "lose" the backgrounds and also due to the inspiration of Mapplethorpe's Flowers.

Anyway here is a colour image from the same collection. Hope you like

Plus - I am quite pleased with myself for finding the a solution to mounting the Nikkor to my Pentax - I have used the lens since my days of film when it was used with my trusted but quite elderly Nikon FA.

Cheerz MZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that is much more effective!

They are great lenses, I love mine. There was originally a tube to take them to 1:1, which none of today's "macro" lenses do. I believe the tube was supplied with the lens.

To shoot B&W well you have to think in terms of contrast and shape rather than colour. We used to do it automatically in the days when B&W film was much cheaper than colour so we used it all the time but now it doesn't come naturally and it isn't easy to get back to that mindset. At least, that is the conclusion I have come to after being shocked by how weak my own B&W was, in my first attempt to use it for 30 years. Thinking in colour and shooting B&W simply doesn't work.