Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

m42 pin Remove or not Remove, that is the question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: m42 pin Remove or not Remove, that is the question Reply with quote

Howdy - killing 2 birds with one stone and saying Hi ! plus asking a question Smile

I have a Canon 450D, and have acquired a couple of M42 lenses. A Panagor 135mm f2.8, and Raynox 35mm f2.8.

Both lenses have the A/M switch and the pin on the mount flange. I use AF confirm M42 > EOS adapters, but these have a little bit more meat on them than the non AF adapters. This is an extra flange on the inner diameter of the adapter, and so this presses the pin down when mounted.

With the lenses off of the camera, i can set the lens so that stopping down from max ap to minimum ap, and the lens remains wide open till i press the little pin.
I'd like them to be this way when i have them mounted on the camera, so that i can stop down and meter with good light before taking the shot.

With this pin pressed down when mounted on the camera, if i turn the ap ring from max to minimum ap, the iris closes. I'd like the iris to remain open till i take the shot regardless of the ap i choose.

Does this mean i will have to remove this pin ? And if so, am i going to need the hands of a brain surgeon ? Shocked
Many thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Better to buy a new adapter with flange.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya ! Thanks

AF adapters have the flange ? Did you mean WITHOUT flange ?

I use AF confirm M42 > EOS adapters, but these have a little bit more meat on them than the non AF adapters. This is an extra flange on the inner diameter of the adapter, and so this presses the pin down when mounted.

Last edited by Fretless Pete on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

I am selling this adapter from Alex (hk300), please send a pm to him and ask him is it possible to glue AF cheap on it or not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks.