Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[SOLD] Topcor 58mm f/1.4 converted to Pentax K mount.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: [SOLD] Topcor 58mm f/1.4 converted to Pentax K mount. Reply with quote

The lens is converted to Pentax K mount and fits and locks into the mount perfectly.
The conversion was very hard and it took me a whole weekend in order to make it to focus to infinity.

This lens is your for $300.

The lens can be used in Aperture Priority (Av) on any Pentax DSLR or Film camera. With DSLR you just need to select 55mm for the SR (Shake Reduction) to be able to stabilize the lens.

The lens focuses perfectly to infinity and is sharp even at /1.4. The aperture blades are clean and snappy. The aperture ring clicks properly into every aperture setting. The glass is clean of dust, fungus, scratches or cleaning marks. The focus is smooth end even.

I used to have the Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 which is based on the Topcor 58mm f/1.4 and I did a comparison between the two lenses. The Topcor is clearly the better lens in terms of sharpness.

Full size crops are here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3112/3105423457_9ab697744f_o.jpg

The bokeh of Topcor is slightly smoother than on the Nokton. To me with the Nokton Cosina did not manage to reproduce or better the original Topcor.

Some of my photos taken with this lens:

Last edited by voe on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took these today at focus to infinity:

Topcor 58mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4
Flickr Photo Download: Topcor 58mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4

By adding a little bit of contrast in PP from the f/1.4 image I get this:
Flickr Photo Download: Topcor 58mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4 + contrast added

Topcor 58mm f/1.4 @ f/2.8
Flickr Photo Download: Topcor 58mm f/1.4 @ f/2.8

Topcor 58mm f/1.4 @ f/5.6
Flickr Photo Download: Topcor 58mm f/1.4 @ f/5.6