Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More portraiture with Super Takumar 1.9/85
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: More portraiture with Super Takumar 1.9/85 Reply with quote

I re-edited and re-uploaded these. Please give your honest critique as I'm starting to get serious about doing headshots/portraits.

Heddwyn
1)

2)

Aaron
3)

4)

Can't stop shooting with this lens Smile Lens is quite fantastic for portraits Smile

Last edited by darosk on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:23 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , indeed you got great result! I like a bit more space around face , top of head missing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yes , indeed you got great result! I like a bit more space around face , top of head missing.

Thanks Attila! Hmm, space around the face? I'll keep that in mind, I'm taking more today.

The style of cropping the face very close in is typical style of Actor's headshots - maybe I'll post some not-cropped versions Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a bit less crop on top and they are fine, forget what I said about space.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darosk wrote:
Attila wrote:

Thanks Attila! Hmm, space around the face? I'll keep that in mind, I'm taking more today.

The style of cropping the face very close in is typical style of Actor's headshots - maybe I'll post some not-cropped versions Smile

The problem is that it is a bit too little cropped, makes it look like a mistake. If your cropping a head, do it even more. A trick that sometimes been used, ive been told and found is quite good as a rule, is to try to keep atleast one eye on the diagonal from one of the top corners. Smile I think you have done that on #1 and #5 and those works quite good with the crop I think. #1 needs a wee bit more though Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
darosk wrote:
Attila wrote:

The problem is that it is a bit too little cropped, makes it look like a mistake. If your cropping a head, do it even more. A trick that sometimes been used, ive been told and found is quite good as a rule, is to try to keep atleast one eye on the diagonal from one of the top corners. Smile I think you have done that on #1 and #5 and those works quite good with the crop I think. #1 needs a wee bit more though Wink

Hmm hmm I see what you mean. I will try again. This is tougher than I thought.